Photo

yellow bullheads

6 replies to this topic

#1 Moontanman

Moontanman
  • NANFA Member

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Is anyone collecting small yellow bullheads or breeding them? 

Michael

Life is the poetry of the universe
Love is the poetry of life

#2 JasonL

JasonL
  • NANFA Member
  • Kentucky

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

They are ridiculously common right now in certain areas I am sampling here in western KY. Not looking for them specifically, but they are showing up in the dipnet in large numbers.

#3 Moontanman

Moontanman
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

They are ridiculously common right now in certain areas I am sampling here in western KY. Not looking for them specifically, but they are showing up in the dipnet in large numbers.

They are supposed to live around here.. i think, but all I ever see are browns. I think i like them best of all the bullheads, they are more personable. 

Michael

#4 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:42 AM

They turn up pretty regularly around here. Are you looking to have some sent to you? If so, what sizes and how many and do you need them all at once? Those things are one of the fishes I wouldn't worry too much about shipping in the summer time; they're the toughest fish I've ever seen.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#5 JasonL

JasonL
  • NANFA Member
  • Kentucky

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

Yeah you can PM me too if interested. They are schooled up around here below culverts of small creeks in the 1-2 inch range. I'm dipnetting them by the hundreds looking for other species. Finding tadpole madtoms with them as well.

#6 Moontanman

Moontanman
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

I'd like to have several small ones, at the moment I'm not sure what I could send you in trade, 1 to 2 inch range is perfect. I'm moving my spotted bullheads out to a pond I'm setting up for them. So damned hot and humid recently I've been putting it off but they cleaned out the ditches and I have the opportunity to collect a bunch of swamp plants so i am going to go ahead with the project. 

Michael

#7 JasonL

JasonL
  • NANFA Member
  • Kentucky

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

I'd like to have several small ones, at the moment I'm not sure what I could send you in trade, 1 to 2 inch range is perfect. I'm moving my spotted bullheads out to a pond I'm setting up for them. So damned hot and humid recently I've been putting it off but they cleaned out the ditches and I have the opportunity to collect a bunch of swamp plants so i am going to go ahead with the project.

Sent you a PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users