Photo

Florence affected NANFAns needing a place to crash

4 replies to this topic

#1 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

Hey folks, we are looking to be in a good position for riding out this storm here in Abbeville, SC. (Just about on the SC/GA border, just off Rt 72.) We won't be dry, but we won't be flooded up on our hill. Can't promise we won't lose power for a bit, but we have room for a couple-few folks if you need it. Also have a three stall horse barn you can shelter some pets in. Know those of you most likely to need this are hunkered down now, but if afterwards you need somewhere, pm me.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#2 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

Good stuff Matt! Be safe everyone. I know that Fritz has moved to safer ground.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#3 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:24 AM

Nick L.

#4 harryknaub

harryknaub
  • NANFA Member

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

I had evacuated to PA before the storm hit. I had already registered for the Keystone Clash weekend and since I had to go somewhere so I figured that would be as good a place to go as any. My family had left the day before for FLA. The storm did not hit us all that hard here in Myrtle Beach but when it came time to come home, many roads in North Carolina were already flooded or washed out. I finally got tired of waiting and decided to chance a run home on Wednesday morning. I had to drive out to Durham, then Charlotte and finally to Columbia in order to get home. Only 14 hours of driving, only stopping for gas and a Smithfield BBQ dinner in Durham. The roads to Myrtle Beach were still open Wednesday evening but Rt. 22 closed on Thursday. Quite the odyssey but at least I'm home now while several rivers are continuing to flood. By the way, I saw fellow NANFAn Mike Lucas at the Keystone clash.

between the Waccamaw and the ocean

#5 lilyea

lilyea
  • NANFA Member
  • Peace River Watershed, Central Florida, USA

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

Thank you for the update Harry. Im glad your safe! As the waters recede and you have time to safely explore, I am curious to hear your perception of the changes to your local waterways. Stay safe!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users