Hello! I'm the newbie :)

9 replies to this topic

#1 JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro
  • NANFA Guest
  • Central Florida

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:42 PM

Hello ladies and gentlemen.
My name is Joe and I am from central Florida.
I have been keeping fish for a year and a half. For some reason fish tanks keep popping up in my house. MTS anyone?
I found out about microfishing a few months ago and I can't wait to get started.
I joined this forum because I accidentally caught some Least Killifish while looking for plants for my aquarium in Lake Apopka. I put them in a tub pond and viola!, they reproduced. I am hooked now. I am looking to learn more about native species and hope to learn a ton here.
Thanks for letting me join the forum.
Joe

#2 MtFallsTodd

MtFallsTodd
  • NANFA Member
  • Mountain Falls, Virginia

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:23 AM

Welcome aboard Joe!!
Deep in the hills of Great North Mountain

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:39 AM

Howdy Joe, and welcome. I spent a few years living within a couple miles of Lake Apopka, but sadly it was before my native fish interest really fired up so I never took advantage of it!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro
  • NANFA Guest
  • Central Florida

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

Welcome aboard Joe!!

Thank you very much Todd :)

Howdy Joe, and welcome. I spent a few years living within a couple miles of Lake Apopka, but sadly it was before my native fish interest really fired up so I never took advantage of it!

Hello and thank you Matt.
I live 6 minutes away, I go there very often, very relaxing place. I also go to collect plants and decor for my aquariums and now that I am falling in love with native species, I think I'll need a bigger tank :D
Are you still in FL?

#5 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

Well Joe, you happen to be in a great place to explore the native aquatic world. Keep an eye out for news about the 2019 convention in Mississippi. There isn't yet a formal thread with details, but it will be in the near future. Great way to meet people and learn. Welcome to our forum.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#6 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

Welcome Joe, if you find some Taillight Shiners, let me know where I can find them!

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#7 JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro
  • NANFA Guest
  • Central Florida

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:21 PM

Well Joe, you happen to be in a great place to explore the native aquatic world. Keep an eye out for news about the 2019 convention in Mississippi. There isn't yet a formal thread with details, but it will be in the near future. Great way to meet people and learn. Welcome to our forum.

Thank you for welcoming me, Matt, and for the info about the convention. Never been to Mississippi, so that'd be fun.

Welcome Joe, if you find some Taillight Shiners, let me know where I can find them!

Thanks Josh :) I have to check those out. I rented a book from the local library; Fishes in the freshwaters of Florida and it had all known species (allegedly) along with detailed info and where to find them. It's a new book, published this year. I'll see if I can rent it again. If they have info on them, I'll share it.

#8 ShadetreeIchthyologist

ShadetreeIchthyologist
  • Regional Rep
  • Charleston SC

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:47 PM

Welcome! Always glad to see a new member.
"Amateurs can potentially make valuable contributions to our knowledge of fishes". - Etnier and Starnes

#9 JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro
  • NANFA Guest
  • Central Florida

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Welcome! Always glad to see a new member.

Thank you ;)

#10 itsme

itsme
  • NANFA Member

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:20 AM

Hello ladies and gentlemen.
My name is Joe and I am from central Florida.
I have been keeping fish for a year and a half. For some reason fish tanks keep popping up in my house. MTS anyone?
I found out about microfishing a few months ago and I can't wait to get started.
I joined this forum because I accidentally caught some Least Killifish while looking for plants for my aquarium in Lake Apopka. I put them in a tub pond and viola!, they reproduced. I am hooked now. I am looking to learn more about native species and hope to learn a ton here.
Thanks for letting me join the forum.
Joe

There are SO many cool fish in Central Florida!  Been down there last few years in the spring.  Let me know if you want to get out and look sometime.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users