Photo

Photo upload problems.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

I have been having problems with uploading photos to the forums. The photos I can upload are getting smaller and smaller in size and now when it says I can upload a 2.56 KB photo, it tells me that an 80.4 Kb photo is too big. to load.

I am not really sharp on this GB, MB, KB jargon, but can anyone help me out on why this is happening? Is there a limit on photos I can post collectively to where I have to remove other photos from older posts in order to post newer photos?

Help please!

Thanks!

Chris

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:24 PM

Hey Chris, I can probably help you. I have a couple of questions. Yes there is a limit. Are you trying to use the Gallery or the Gallery Archive? Looks like you are not a NANFA member. You can get unlimited photo storage on the Gallery Archive if you are a NANFA member. If you do not join NANFA it might be easier to host your photos on a third party site and just link to them. Lastly, the durum is down sizing all your posts anyway, so you should consider down sizing them yourself before loading.

Give me an PM here and we can work out whatever is best for you.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

Thank you Michael.

After some poking around, I discovered that while I am a registered *guest* member, to be able to post more photos in the gallery/discussion forum and so forth that I have to be a dues paying member. So I need to pay the membership dues to become a full member. I'll have to check my PP account and fully join. I have other photos I'd like to post but can't since I am not a full member.

I'll get back in touch with you if I have any issues.

Thanks kindly.

Chris

#4 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:28 AM

Thank you Michael.

After some poking around, I discovered that while I am a registered *guest* member, to be able to post more photos in the gallery/discussion forum and so forth that I have to be a dues paying member. So I need to pay the membership dues to become a full member. I'll have to check my PP account and fully join. I have other photos I'd like to post but can't since I am not a full member.

I'll get back in touch with you if I have any issues.

Thanks kindly.

Chris

Chris, thanks for joining NANFA.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the benefits of being an actual member, like our quarterly publication, American Currents, along with the ability to add photo to the forum, and gallery access.  Welcome aboard. 

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#5 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

Thank you Josh. Very happy to be onboard!

#6 L Link

L Link
  • NANFA Member
  • Atlantic Slope of VA

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

So are uploaded images are automatically reduced in quality? I've noticed plenty of crystal clear professional images in the gallery, but then uploads seem to loss a lot of resolution upon upload. Is there any way to get around this?

Loughran (Lock) Cabe

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:59 PM

Nope. Gallery Archive is full res and a member benefit. The forum resolves them down to 800 pixel width. Cropping your pictures before uploading helps focus the attention where you want. And if you are a member, you can also put a link in your post.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users