Photo

Adding links to yoour post / cut and paste.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

I have tried everything to no avail to cut/paste a link to an article into the body of the post, and I have tried the "link" option in the tool bar and all it does is freeze up the page unless I refresh it, then it all happens again. Is there a special trick to cut/paste text and links into the post body? I cannot cut/paste anything at all.

TIA

Chris

#2 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:36 PM

Operation Erie Eelpout: implanting Lake Erie burbot with acoustic transmitters to learn more about this unique declining species.

https://fisheries.org/

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#3 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:37 PM

I copied text in first line and link in second. No magic. Oh, are you using a phone?

#4 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

I am on a desktop PC and no matter what I do, I cannot cut / paste anything, link or text into the post body. I have tried all of the little tools at the top of the post body and I get nothing. I can go to another page, copy the text of another post and try to paste it into my text body for my post and it does nothing. Have no idea what the problem is.

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

http://www.nanfa.org.../Apomotis.shtml

I got this when I just right clicked and copied the link from the NANFA website.  When I paste it in it does not look like it will be a hot link, just looks like text.  But I think when I hit "Post" it will convert to a link.  What are you getting if you copy and paste a link like that... anything on the screen at all?

Edit: it did.  

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

I tried to copy and paste the link you posted and nothing appears at all. The same thing happens if I were to copy and paste what you just posted in my post, it would remain blank. After I've copied the link, when I go to right-click and the box pops up with paste in it, it'll let me paste, but nothing is copied and pasted. No text, nothing.

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

well, that's got me stumped... sounds like maybe a setting on your browser or something?

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#8 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

Wait a minute... how did you do this?

There's a list of darters found in Pennsylvania at:

https://www.fishandboat.com

Look up Pennsylvania's dynamic darters. It's a PDF and most of the way down is a complete list of their  darters, names and protected status. There's 21 species, two of which have been extirpated and no longer exist in that region. We have most of the same species.

#9 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:04 PM

Guess he found that setting.

#10 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 25 December 2018 - 10:06 PM

I had to go in and hand type in the link. I couldn't cut and paste. The link to the article I WANT to past is like 30 words long with letters and junk in between. All I had to type in for this was https://www.fishandboat.com .

#11 bibah

bibah
  • NANFA Guest
  • USA

Posted 18 March 2021 - 03:41 AM

the same issue accure with me  if I were to copy and paste what you just posted in my post, it would remain blank. After I've copied the link, when I go to right-click and the box pops up with paste in it, after some time i try to add link in another way link this polyform inflation adapter it'll let me paste, but nothing is copied and pasted. No text, nothing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users