Gutting Cyprinidae

3 replies to this topic

#1 JLSherwood

JLSherwood
  • NANFA Member
  • Illinois

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

Hey All,

Didn't know if many of you were aware of a recent publication on the classification of the former Cyprinidae Family. Here is a link to the paper (https://www.mapress.....4476.1.4/15982) I hope it works for you. 

In summary, many of the NA species that were once classified as Cyprinidae, are no longer. The majority are now classified in the Family Leuciscidae.

Enjoy!

Josh

#2 Doug_Dame

Doug_Dame
  • NANFA Member

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

I understood a majority of the individual words. And some of the sentences. (At least,that's my impression, or self-delusion.)

Thanks for providing an executive summary, without that I would have been absolutely clueless about what all this meant.

Doug Dame

Floridian now back in Florida

#3 Dustin

Dustin
  • Forum Staff

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Wow, at least they are allowing the same genus.  The Mayden recommendation a couple of years ago to split Notropis into multiple genera was more than I could handle.

Dustin Smith
At the convergence of the Broad, Saluda and Congaree
Lexington, SC

#4 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:17 PM

I understood a majority of the individual words. And some of the sentences. (At least,that's my impression, or self-delusion.)

Thanks for providing an executive summary, without that I would have been absolutely clueless about what all this meant.

You did better than me, Doug.  My head was spinning halfway through the abstract...  Will try again later.

Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users