The maple branch I have in my tank I cut from a live tree back a few months ago, I never skinned the bark off and now it's covered with a thick "fuzzy" coating of algae/mold which you can see in the photo. I know that this is natural decomposition in the wild, but to me it looks a bit fugly and was wondering if I should go to the lake and get some already years old driftwood or just keep this in the tank as-is and let nature do it's thing. What would you do? Remove and replace it with barren driftwood or leave it? Would I encounter the same issue with it developing this "fuzz" with driftwood? It doesn't seem to be affecting the fish, water quality/parameters or their health.