Photo

Silent streams of the South.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

Neat article on our streams, their aquatic inhabitants, what's threatening them and what's being done about it by a group of conservationists and captive breeding programs. Glad to see that our freshwater biodiversity is being looked after and cared for.

http://tinyurl.com/y6bok3po

#2 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:01 PM

Hey Chris. Being a newer member, you may not be aware of CFI and the excellent relationship NANFA has with them, but yep, that's who this article is about. Thanks for sharing it. I would encourage you and all to check out their website. https://www.conservationfisheries.org/Great organization!

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#3 Fleendar the Magnificent

Fleendar the Magnificent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the link! Glad that NANFA and CFI are connected. The Nat Geo article was neat and I thought others might enjoy it like I did.

Thanks again.

Chris

#4 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

Keep posting cool finds like that. It was new to me.

#5 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

In 1998 CFI's Pat and JR were a featured speakers at the NANFA convention here in Chattanooga.

I just finished printing 300 decals for them for their 2 upcoming events.

Last night the film Hidden Rivers was screened in Knoxville, TN to a sold old crowd, a fundraising event for CFI.

NANFA has awarded $1000. to CFI.

An employee of CFI is on NANFA's BoD.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#6 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:43 PM

In 1998 CFI's Pat and JR were a featured speakers at the NANFA convention here in Chattanooga.

I just finished printing 300 decals for them for their 2 upcoming events.

Last night the film Hidden Rivers was screened in Knoxville, TN to a sold old crowd, a fundraising event for CFI.

NANFA has awarded $1000. to CFI.

An employee of CFI is on NANFA's BoD.

I was really hoping that you'd fill us in Casper. Thank you.

#7 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Also comes to mind an article was written about CFI a few years ago in American Currents, i authored that with interviews from both Pat and JR.

At the Kentucky NANFA convention CFI founders spoke.

Proudly NANFA has a long history with CFI.

As for the National Geographic article, which i subscribe to and have long enjoyed, there were 2 separate issues that had CFI articles.

Both lacked the stunning insitu photos that you will find on this forum.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users