New from Texas

1 reply to this topic

#1 rnloveland18

rnloveland18
  • NANFA Member
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:16 PM

Howdy everyone, I'm Nick

I am a new NANFA member but I have visited the forum many times to view discussion on fish collection and aquarium care. I am looking forward to my first NANFA convention in Jackson this year!

I was born and raised on the Guadalupe River in the Texas Hill Country. I recently graduated from Texas A&M University with a B.S. in aquatic ecology and conservation from the WFSC department. I currently work as a fisheries technician for TPWD at Heart of the Hills Fisheries Science Center.

My interest in native fishes began with angling for Guadalupe Bass, the state fish of Texas, as a child. I have expanded my interests from sport fishing to include lifelist angling, snorkeling, all manner of collecting, and aquarium care.

I maintain aquariums both at home and work with multiple species of Cyprinids, Ictalurids, Centrarchids, Percids, as well as the only species of Cichlid and Characid native to the United States (Rio Grande Cichlid and Mexican Tetra). I also keep some cool endemic Herps at work.

I am very thankful for the information this forum has supplied me over the last few years as a beginner aquarium hobbyist. I look forward to joining the community and contributing to the conversation!

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

Welcome Nick, we always look forward to having new folks come to the convention.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users