Need help obtaining fish

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Lamb

Robert Lamb
  • NANFA Member
  • Chattanooga, TN

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:41 PM

If this type of post is considered inappropriate or I posted it in the wrong section I apologize.

I have a nano oyster reef tank that has been running since last June. I am extremely ready to add some fish. I really want some of the small native gobies like naked gobies, code gobies, or crested gobies but they are not for sale anywhere and I don't think I'll be making it to the ocean anytime soon. All 3 species are very common along the gulf and atlantic side of FL, and the naked gobies are extremely common all the way from the mexican coast all the way to New York. If there is anyone who could catch and sell me 2 or 3 I would be extremely grateful

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:39 AM

Careful here with terminology. It is not always legal to sell wild caught native (laws vary depending on state and licenses). But many times NANFA members are willing to catch fish for you and give them to you if you pay fir the shipping. Or maybe folks can point you to some legal vendors. But in general your request here is fine.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Robert Lamb

Robert Lamb
  • NANFA Member
  • Chattanooga, TN

Posted 17 March 2020 - 04:47 PM

Alright, thanks. When I said sell, that was kinda what I meant lol, but I'm also not against actually paying for the fish too if it's legal in that state

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users