Sim River

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_factnfiction101_*

Guest_factnfiction101_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

Black bullhead.
Grass pickerel (IDK if you can use that since the tail is cut off).
Redfin pickerel.

Chad

Thanks, I might be able to use the bullhead and the redfin. I'm not sure how good they will turn out, because I need to rotate the bullhead and take out a few spots in it. The fins of the redfin blend in with the background, I'm not sure how good it will turn out.

In your photobucket you had a picture labeled Johnny Darter. It's not a Johnny Darter. Depending on where it was taken, it's either a male Rainbow Darter (Etheostoma caeruleum) or a male Mud Darter (Etheostoma aspirigene). Maybe it was just a label and didn't have anything to do with what you were going to call the fish in the game, if so, disregard my comment.

Yeah, I know. A forum member by the name of killier pointed that out. Here's a topic about it.

#22 Guest_factnfiction101_*

Guest_factnfiction101_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:01 AM

Ok, I have decided once again to use edited grafx of mine, but you can still contribute if you take really good pictures. I am not very good at taking pictures of fish, (and I know exactly what I want) it's just too hard for me. I'm going to be editing pictures, so they will be copyrighted by me, but I will still give credit, etc... to those that help (same as before).

Instead of using actual fish species, I'm editing them (color, name, habits, etc...) to create original fish species. Currently, I would like some of the more advanced native collectors here at the forum to think of fish species that they would think would be neat (I'll post an example of what I mean in a little bit, kind of hard for me to explain).

Here's an example:
Posted Image
Fish: Golden Bass Length: 45cm Aggresion: Very aggressive; Doesn't tolerate other fish of the same species. Very territorial. Food: Carnivore, Invertivore, Piscivore. Juvenile eat more of a variety than adults, adults feed heavily on fish.
Habits: Active at dusk and dawn, seeks deeper water during the day.
Water: Freshwater, shallow water, prefer slow moving river systems.
Spawns: Spawn during mid Summer, male guards eggs and hatchlings. Produce a small number off eggs.

If any of you guys can phrase things better feel free to do so. My grammar and spelling can be horrible.

Edit: Sorry for double posting :|

#23 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

howa bout they dont tolerate other members of the same species when adults for redeye,smallmouth bass and largemouths all school to so extent when young (less than 1ft. in length) oh and unless you based this on a redeye bass most bass get larger than 18inches
I like the idea on orignal species you youve got my thumbs up :D/
ROb

#24 Guest_factnfiction101_*

Guest_factnfiction101_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

howa bout they dont tolerate other members of the same species when adults for redeye,smallmouth bass and largemouths all school to so extent when young (less than 1ft. in length)

That's what I meant, and I also meant for the fish to be territorial.

oh and unless you based this on a redeye bass most bass get larger than 18inches
I like the idea on orignal species you youve got my thumbs up :D/
ROb

The original picture is of a Suwannee Bass. I was thinking of it being kinda like an agressive redeye, but this is an example and may change.

Edit: 7-15-07
Here is a few darters that I have colored / changed. Pictures 11 and 12 are not complete.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users