Photo

Unthoughtful email.

12 replies to this topic

#1 catfishresinst

catfishresinst
  • NANFA Member
  • tennessee

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:07 PM

I am sure that the forum has been hacked in some way as I don't think that any member would send out an email such as the following:

catfishresinst,

phono13 has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Here are my photos".

phono13 said:
======================================================================
Hey. I'm Elsa. I'm 35 years old. I broke up with my boyfriend 6 months ago. Since that time, there has been no sex in my life. I'm looking for a man. I look forward to having sex at least once a day. Register using the link below and write to me. My nickname is sexyelsa38. Click  https://bit.ly/sexyelsa38 (https://bit.ly/sexyelsa38)
======================================================================

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!
You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:

http://forum.nanfa.o...=37402#msg52427

I just thought that this issue should be brought to the attention of the group and admin.  In the very slight possibility that this is real; I do not appreciate getting messages like this and would like it to cease immediantly.  

James E. Burgess

#2 Ournativeson

Ournativeson
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:39 PM

Glad you posted this as I was going to create a post.  Unfortunate that people have to do such things.

#3 El Todd

El Todd
  • NANFA Member
  • Silver Spring Md

Posted 13 March 2021 - 01:19 PM

I'd say this person has chosen the wrong place for these kinds of emails, I think most of the people on here are my age or older. In my 20's I could do once a day - but I'm in my 40's and once a day is just way too much, I don't have that kind of energy anymore.

#4 MtFallsTodd

MtFallsTodd
  • NANFA Member
  • Mountain Falls, Virginia

Posted 13 March 2021 - 05:57 PM

I got it too. My wife and I had a good laugh. She must like old men.
Deep in the hills of Great North Mountain

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 13 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

Apologies from the forum staff... we have a variety of measures in place to try to prevent this... and based on what I see we prevent a lot... but occasionally something slips through.

I have deleted all personal messages from this user (seems like there was only the one... I got it too).

I have also flagged this user as a spammer (which effectively suspends the account).

We were not really hacked in the traditional sense and all of your info should be secure.  This was just someone that managed to create an account and then send a PM to a bunch of members.

Thanks for bringing this up and making the forum staff aware so we can fix these things when they do occur.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 14 March 2021 - 12:12 AM

Shoot so that sampling trip I planned isn't gonna happen with NANFA's blessing.

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#7 Ad4m123

Ad4m123
  • NANFA Guest
  • North Dakota

Posted 14 March 2021 - 12:35 PM

I got the same email, though whoever is doing it appears to be changing their username. Mine was from "RaskM"

#8 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:28 AM

I got the same email, though whoever is doing it appears to be changing their username. Mine was from "RaskM"

Same here.

I immediately deleted the message.  Only once a day?  Come on!!!!!  Jeez...

Kevin Wilson

#9 Ournativeson

Ournativeson
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 15 March 2021 - 07:16 PM

Could have been worse.  I am a part of another forum where someone posted some lets say...rather interesting photos on someone's thread.

#10 El Todd

El Todd
  • NANFA Member
  • Silver Spring Md

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:42 PM

Does anyone here keep naked gobies?

#11 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 17 March 2021 - 11:22 AM

Does anyone here keep naked gobies?

I do, but now I'm ashamed to admit it!   :laugh:

Kevin Wilson

#12 Guba

Guba
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:14 PM

I got the same from RaskM.

#13 catfishresinst

catfishresinst
  • NANFA Member
  • tennessee

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for all the comments.  My wife and I got a good laugh out of it, but seriously it was not appropiate for this forum.  I am appreciative to the admin on the quick action.  Now if I could do something about my text messages.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users