Photo

Wakulla Springs

4 replies to this topic

#1 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 22 July 2021 - 12:38 PM

Not a fish but a pretty fine aquatic encounter.

Face to face with the big fella.  He swam right up to me as i was tangled in the swim barrier.

16-Manatee1.JPG

18-Manatee3.JPG

19-Manatee4.JPG

14a-Bluefin.JPG

Tons of Bluefin Killies, Redeye Chubs, Least Killies, Sunfish, Mullet.  Gar, Alligators and mystery minnows.

Wakulla Springs is a standard visit when i am down along The Forgotten Coast.  It always offers beauty and surprises.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#2 michifish

michifish
  • NANFA Member

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for sharing.

#3 swampfish

swampfish
  • NANFA Member

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:07 AM

Very nice photos of an animal not easy to photograph. It brings back memories of a Tate's Hell trip when we saw several manatees from the Wakulla Springs observation tower.

Phil Nixon

#4 lilyea

lilyea
  • NANFA Member
  • Peace River Watershed, Central Florida, USA

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:50 PM

Great pictures - I love the detail!  This made my day!!!  O:)

#5 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:41 AM

Phil... I recall counting 9 manatees from the platform.  Fritz and i urged one another with double dog dares motivating a jump.  Not today for me.  I was amazed this manatee pushed his face into mine.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users