I got a small Northern pike!

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

I was at Sportsman's Dock on Hayden Lake when a little boy and his mother came out on the dock and started catching some perch and pumpkinseeds. Then the mom said, "Look, a pike!" I turned around to see a perfect sized (12 inch) pike at the end of the pole. I went up and asked if I could have the fish (They were catch and releasing) She asked, "You aren't going to eat the little snake (Idaho slang for Esox species) are you?" I answered that the fish would be in my tank, with a bass and two bullheads. She gave me a somewhat weird look, and said, "Here, have it!" I put it in my cooler and then caught two small black crappies. All the pike I caught were to big to be put in the tank, but these fish were perfect. I just put them in :mrgreen: . The bass saw the crappies and followed them around curiously and then began to lead them everywhere. The bullheads figured, 'Nope, they aren't food. Ignore them.' When I put in the pike, he sort of sat there hovering around. I dropped a worm in and he took it. But he won't go down more than 4 inches in the water. Is this o.k behavior? The bass just ignores him. [-o<

Darn, I need to get my camera and get pics. Remind me sooner, will ya :razz: ?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users