Photo

Sept 2022 Collecting Video (MRBD and Other Species) with fellow NANFA members

5 replies to this topic

#1 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 05 October 2022 - 10:13 AM

El Todd and MTFalls Todd joined me in search of MRBD and some other species a few weeks ago.  Here's the collecting video.  My next video will be better with close ups of species in viewing containers and/or hands.  Plus, I need to make sure to take better scenery and people shots.  Sorry to both Todds that I cut their heads off on a lot of shots (like my Mom used to do in family photos).  I used the GoPro entirely in the field and should have also incorporated cell phone photos and video clips while in the field.  I'm new at this GoPro thing, but I'm learning.  I also learned quick that editing is tough.  I had to cut our some good footage for various reasons, one of which was that my GoPro was upside down LOL.  Anyway, I hope that you enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/GrSx5MyRoLg

Kevin Wilson

#2 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 06 October 2022 - 06:35 AM

The nostalgia runs deep in that video.  Thanks for sharing.  I recently took my young sons to a local creek and was able to show them how to dipnet Longnose dace and Fantail darters out of the riffles.  Pure excitement.  I echo your sentiments about all the dace being great species to keep in tanks.

Nick L.

#3 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 06 October 2022 - 07:37 AM

Thanks Nick!  I already have ideas on how to improve the video content next time (close ups and pics of fish in fish boxes, not cutting off people's heads, scenery shots).  I'm new to the GoPro video scene.  Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed it.  The best part of the experience was spending time doing this with fellow NANFA guys.  We had a lot of fun.  It's amazing how full the bucket gets before going home.  It's like my basket at Bass Pro Shops.  I wind up putting back about have of what I put in there.

Kevin Wilson

#4 cornandcrawlers

cornandcrawlers
  • NANFA Member
  • northeast iowa

Posted 06 October 2022 - 10:28 AM

thanks for making this video, watching other people's collection methods is super helpful. plus this is just fun to watch for a native fish fan

#5 MtFallsTodd

MtFallsTodd
  • NANFA Member
  • Mountain Falls, Virginia

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:07 PM

This was a really fun trip. Great way to spend a Sunday with great weather. The rose fins we collected were a great addition to my tank. Looking forward to next time.
Deep in the hills of Great North Mountain

#6 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 11 October 2022 - 02:45 PM

I enjoyed watching it.  It looks like you may have gotten Swallowtail Shiner too

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users