Photo

2023 NANFA Convention Trip Reports

3 replies to this topic

#1 ShadetreeIchthyologist

ShadetreeIchthyologist
  • Regional Rep
  • Charleston SC

Posted 21 March 2023 - 08:38 AM

I think it would be nice to have a little more activity on the forum. I want to urge those who post on the Facebook group to also make a post on the forum. Those active on both could promote the forum on the Facebook group and encouraging members to participate more on here.To start lets see what all people caught and collected at this years convention. I was able to do a little fishing during the convention and caught a grass carp and what appears to be a Dollar Sunfish (Lepomis marginatus). Both of these were caught using large mealworms.

gallery_21383_124_5296868.jpggallery_21383_124_479335.jpg

"Amateurs can potentially make valuable contributions to our knowledge of fishes". - Etnier and Starnes

#2 AquaHobbyist123

AquaHobbyist123
  • NANFA Member
  • Upper Catawba Watershed in Caldwell County, NC south of Boone

Posted 21 March 2023 - 12:26 PM

I unfortunately didnt make it to nanfa's convention, but I do also wish more people would be active here on the forum regularly. In my opinions forums are better for more in-depth discussions. 

Thomas Lyons

Fortunate to have multiple watersheds within a reasonable drive, with the Upper Yadkin, Watauga, and Upper New watersheds within 40 minutes.

#3 ShadetreeIchthyologist

ShadetreeIchthyologist
  • Regional Rep
  • Charleston SC

Posted 22 March 2023 - 05:32 AM

I enjoy the forums due to the ease of finding older conversations.

"Amateurs can potentially make valuable contributions to our knowledge of fishes". - Etnier and Starnes

#4 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:18 AM

I enjoy the forums due to the ease of finding older conversations.

Yes, having the historical information is most helpful. The FB group is great for current ideas and discussions, but it's impossible to find anything of value discussed in the past. I'd love to see more of our members active here too even though I can see what they're currently up to on FB.

Kevin Wilson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users