About Us...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

Zimmerman's Captive Raised Native Fish
is made up of Brian and Julie Zimmerman of Gambier, Ohio. We strive to provide NANFA members and other NA native fish nuts with captive bred fish for their aquariums and closed system garden ponds.

I (Brian) have been a Native "fish nut" for as long as I can remember. I have been breeding fish in aquariums and ponds for 9 years now. My biggest interest is in the Sunfish Family, although I play around with a pretty wide variety of species. I received my Bachelor's degree in Water Resources and Environmental Biology from Heidelberg College. While I was there I did my senior research on Northern and Central Longear Sunfish in Ohio. I then started a masters program at Bowling Green State University and I'm currently still working on that doing a habitat study on Redside Dace. The field work is completed and I'm still working on analyzing the data and writing the thesis. I am currently working at the Inland Fisheries Research Unit (ODNR) in Hebron, Ohio.

My wife, Julie, takes care of most of the orders, quotes, and shipping while I'm away. She graduated from The University of Findlay in 2006, with a Bachelor's degree in Art Education. Currently she is working as a Art Teacher at a High School on the East side of Columbus. She is a great photographer and artist and is inspired by nature and animals as well.

We are also expecting our first child on February 20, 2010. :)

Thank you,

Brian and Julie Zimmerman

1-330-417-9476

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users