The Native Fish Conservancy

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:04 PM

I am completely new to NANFA, I have joined as a member and obviously am a member of the forum. I really don't know much of the history of the organization or some of the future goals of the board. But I like the progress the board is making and what it offers its members (I love American Currents), GREAT JOB.

Another organization that I was interested in is the Native Fish Conservancy (NFC). They seemed like a good organization also but have recently dissolved its board and has drastically cut back its operations. It is sad to see organizations that have very similar goals cease to exist. Has any efforts been made by the NANFA board to make an appeal to the former board members of the Native Fish Conservancy to combine efforts, mail former NFC members a NANFA membership form with support from former NFC board members, etc... The NFC seamed to have some great experience and it would be great to have them supporting our efforts if they are willing. They do have a link at the bottom of their homepage to NANFA for organizations to support, since they no longer have a formal membership.

Well, I was just curious.

#2 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

Yes, there is something in the works.

#3 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

Yes, there is something in the works.

Wonderful news.

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

Eh, Dustin,

Can you elaborate? AFIK the NFC is dead.

#5 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:52 AM

The NFC web site has long been a favorite of mine, lots of pictures and great articles. I even used to get their publication in the mail; "The Flier" it was called, I still have all of them laying around some place.

#6 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:08 AM

I enjoy their website as well, please elaborate as to what's in the works.

Tom

#7 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:17 AM

Well, when this first came about, we had planned to contact the members of the group via e-mail or mailing and extend a welcome to our organization. Unfortunately, after speaking to one of their BOD members, it looked like it was going to be difficult to obtain a list of current members. We more or less dropped it at that point, hoping that members would find their way to us if the interest was there. Thankfully, it appears we have had some old NFC members join up and many more were already members so I feel like there is little else to do. Any suggestions would, of course, be welcomed.

#8 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

Well, when this first came about, we had planned to contact the members of the group via e-mail or mailing and extend a welcome to our organization. Unfortunately, after speaking to one of their BOD members, it looked like it was going to be difficult to obtain a list of current members. We more or less dropped it at that point, hoping that members would find their way to us if the interest was there. Thankfully, it appears we have had some old NFC members join up and many more were already members so I feel like there is little else to do. Any suggestions would, of course, be welcomed.

Would it be possible to obtain their website and all articles therein so they can be preserved? I would hate to lose the information on that site.
The site would be great it it could be transfered to and run by nanfa. I will volunteer my web programming time and everything if needbe to help tranfer information and such.

Tom

#9 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:32 PM

Would it be possible to obtain their website and all articles therein so they can be preserved? I would hate to lose the information on that site.
The site would be great it it could be transfered to and run by nanfa. I will volunteer my web programming time and everything if needbe to help tranfer information and such.

Tom

They plan to keep the website available as far as I can ascertain. They will just not operate as an organization any longer.

#10 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

They plan to keep the website available as far as I can ascertain. They will just not operate as an organization any longer.

Thats great. Like I said, I would hate to lose such a resource.
Tom

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users