• Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

Can't wait!

#3 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

Oh my!

Some topics in this issue will be important to me.

Thanks (for making me wait) :tongue:

#4 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

wounded and candy darters on the cover right?

#5 Guest_iturnrocks_*

Guest_iturnrocks_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

Is there going to be a story about how to cut and past darters onto different backgrounds? I love the gravel at front in the second picture. If it wasnt for the white line around the lips I might not have noticed. Those are some pretty good fabrications.

edit- after a second look I may need to put my foot in my mouth for this if someone confirms they are legit, but they sure look fabricated.

#6 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

Is there going to be a story about how to cut and past darters onto different backgrounds? I love the gravel at front in the second picture. If it wasnt for the white line around the lips I might not have noticed. Those are some pretty good fabrications.

edit- after a second look I may need to put my foot in my mouth for this if someone confirms they are legit, but they sure look fabricated.

I think they are legit. Look how the anal fin of the bluebreast is collapsed because of the rock it is sitting on.

#7 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

Given the title of the article "Westsylvania" and the quality of the pictures... I'm going to guess this is a Rob Criswell piece and that those are in fact whole real pictures.

Wait until his book comes out. It's going to be phenomenal. Finally a fish text with fish in a natural state and not dead animals.

Todd

#8 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

Given the title of the article "Westsylvania" and the quality of the pictures... I'm going to guess this is a Rob Criswell piece and that those are in fact whole real pictures.

Wait until his book comes out. It's going to be phenomenal. Finally a fish text with fish in a natural state and not dead animals.

Todd

They sure look like Rob's work, and if so they're definately real photos and only slightly edited. Rumor has it that the book will have an accompanying DVD with video of each species in Pennsylvania...

...but I have to say, if you're trying to ID stuff by comparing it to a photo in a book, all that purty background becomes just clutter!

cheers,
Dave

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users