Rocky Fork Creek

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

I will be working with Highlands Nature sanctuary, doing a sampling of Rocky fork where it flows through the sanctuary. The date is Wednesday August 22. Come along if you can. Beautiful dolomite limestone gorge. Get with me.

#2 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:58 PM

I will be working with Highlands Nature sanctuary, doing a sampling of Rocky fork where it flows through the sanctuary. The date is Wednesday August 22. Come along if you can. Beautiful dolomite limestone gorge. Get with me.

I'll PM you for more details

#3 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

Rocky Fork, is that the tributary to Paint Creek? If it is, I have been there and it is an extremely beautiful stream. Loaded with fish. On hook and line I caught a 16.5 inch smallmouth. To see the best parts put in a canoe upstream of the caverns and Nature Preserve. You will canoe through a beautiful arch and as Skipjack said beautiful gorge settings. I wish that I had time to go back.

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

Rocky Fork, is that the tributary to Paint Creek? If it is, I have been there and it is an extremely beautiful stream. Loaded with fish. On hook and line I caught a 16.5 inch smallmouth. To see the best parts put in a canoe upstream of the caverns and Nature Preserve. You will canoe through a beautiful arch and as Skipjack said beautiful gorge settings. I wish that I had time to go back.

That is the stream. Come on down. This should qualify as enrichment for your profession.

#5 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

That is the stream. Come on down. This should qualify as enrichment for your profession.

I would if I could. But I just can't at this time. Believe me I am sorry I can't.

#6 Guest_paoutlaw13_*

Guest_paoutlaw13_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

Matt about how far is Rocky Fork from the toledo area?

#7 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

The best way to get an general idea is to mapquest from toledo to bainbridge. Bainbridge is a little town just east of Rocky Fork n Ross County. I would guess it is about 1.5 hours southwest of Columbus

Matthew

#8 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

About 3.5 hours

#9 Guest_paoutlaw13_*

Guest_paoutlaw13_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

Well thats going to be my first week of class so its just intro to the class type stuff. if i can manage to get the day off of work count me in for this trip. ill let you know via pm if i can.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users