Sooooo Close!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

For the second time today I attempted to feed my Grass Pickerel Uncooked table shrimp and today he

actually struck it and chewed on it for like 30 seconds. Then to my extreme dissapiontment he spit it out.

I was really sad! ](*,) So what should I do now? Keep trying? What if he doesn't like it so therefore its a waste for

me to keep trying. In need of more suggestions!

thanks

#2 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:21 PM

It's not a waste of time!

You're almost there so please keep trying. Try not to give him live and keep working the table shrimp.

#3 Guest_esoxandlepomislover_*

Guest_esoxandlepomislover_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:17 PM

That is very odd that he would refuse a succulent shrimp.

After two weeks of live rosy reds (2 dozen) and a 2 day hunger strike, I tried krill with huge success.

I soaked it, then attached it to a 2 foot plastic rod via mono. I skittered the krill and he took 4 nice krill in about 10 minutes.

Try skittering the shrimp attached to a fishing line. It may make him more predatory/violent.

M.

#4 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

Guess What?! He actually ate a piece today. I'm really excited. :-D I guess I got a little too impatient

but I still don't think he really likes the shrimp. He chewed on it for a really long time, like two minutes.

I was sitting next to the tank with my fingers crossed saying "please don't spit it out, please don't spit it out"

Then he actually ate it. then awhile later I tried another piece and he spit it out immediatly.

Oh well I guess its a good start.

P.S. I tried to skitter it like you said but I seem to have more success just dropping it in.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users