Photo

Hello from Central Illinois!

1 reply to this topic

#1 thatoneliondude

thatoneliondude
  • NANFA Guest
  • Central Illinois

Posted 11 September 2024 - 10:55 PM

Hello hello! My name's Leo. I signed up to the forums a few days ago and been lurking ever since, but finally decided to make this lil' post and say hi to folks. I'm new to fishkeeping and collecting, as it more or less happened by accident. I'm also new to fishing - I started back in June of this year. My other hobbies include fiction writing, reading, dog training and pet sitting, and voice acting, to name a few hobbies. I came across this forum and decided it would be helpful to join. I'm supposedly in college (automotive technology, if anyone's curious)...but I'm only taking one class this semester and it's an online class that doesn't start until mid-October.

So until then I've been filling my time with attempting to find crawfish in my area, which is turning out to be a lot harder than I initially expected. I know that crawfish season is "over", but apparently that also just means crawfish just no longer exist I guess? Because I am not finding a single crawfish (I have been reassured that Illinois has plenty of crawfish outside of the invasive ones). Either I'm doing something wrong or I just have really bad luck, and I don't know which one is more likely in my case. Does anyone have any advice? If it helps, I'm in Tazewell County, but I usually lurk within the entire Peoria Metropolitan Area, as that contains a few counties.

Anyways, happy to be here! That's all for now. Cheers!

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:11 PM

Welcome liondude,

I'm not much help when it comes to midwest crayfish (or really any crayfish as I find them to be rather predatory in an aquarium) but I hope some others will jump in here and provide you some of their experience.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users