Guys, It's Time To Pony Up...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

Being a long time NANFA member I have enjoyed hearing from all the new members on this forum. The die-hard, convention attending NANFA community is pretty small and I pretty much know all the regulars on sight.

So, being the curious fellow that I am, I wanted to find out how many of the 672 (or whatever the current number is) participants in this NANFA forum are actual NANFA members. Not that you need to be a member to participate of course - the forum is open to all, and welcome!

But the shocking truth is this: Fewer than 1 out of 6 forumites are NANFA members. This includes some pretty prolific posters:

sandtiger, chad55, fishlvr, NateTessler13, Zephead - I am talking to YOU! Among others. You're among the top 20 posters, so you obviously enjoy natives. What is keeping you from joining NANFA?

If it's the 20 bucks, I personally will take up a collection so that you guys can be card-carrying NANFA members.

If it's the crappy magazine (what's it called, A/C Current or something like that), then speak!

Is it the idea that your money helps fund shiftless Eagle Scouts and their silly stream projects, or overeducated, self-important grad students and their delusions of grandeur?

Speak (feel free to be candid)! Or I am going to send the cat after you. (Yep, I'm bringing him back).

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

Irate, I am glad you said this! We have many forum members, that are very worthwhile, very knowlegeable, who are not NANFA members. What is the deal? It is not a large investment. Many of us work hard for this organization. Many non members come on our trips. Come on guys, Annie up.

#3 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

Paid my dues on Friday, August 24, 2007. - Bring Back The Cat!

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

Paid my dues on Friday, August 24, 2007. - Bring Back The Cat!

Right on Nate!

#5 Guest_ogtgnome_*

Guest_ogtgnome_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

just found this site today, and am already in love with it... plan on joining payday (next Thursday), but what is 'the cat'??

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

Um, he's around here somewhere. Why, do you want him!

#7 Guest_ogtgnome_*

Guest_ogtgnome_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

Um, he's around here somewhere. Why, do you want him!

Unless he has fish after it probably not :)

#8 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

Lets not derail this very important thread.

#9 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

I'm going to subscribe this Christmas when I get some $. I don't have time to go cut grass because of school and FB practice. But I always get a lot of money for Christmas, so I'll subscribe then.

#10 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

OK guys, Steve has a cash problem. I'll donate $5 to the cause. Anybody else?

#11 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

I will finish it. Steve get your Addy to me.

#12 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

Oh, Sandtiger is also a member, as long as he promises me a second year on his own accord. Right Arthur? Send me your info.

#13 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

Are you guys serious about this? If you are, remind me and I'll pay you back.
I don't live near any majorly coveted fish, just a few sunfish and bullheads, so if your looking for fish, there ain't much I can do for you.

#14 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

I don't live near any majorly coveted fish, just a few sunfish and bullheads, so if your looking for fish, that's all I have.

Yes sir. But please with the knowledge you are gaining, Stay with us!

#15 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

Well, I'm hoping to get a part time job within the next year or so, so I should be able to stay subscribed, if that's what you mean.

Thanks ya'll. Don't let me go without payin' you back though! I'll forget if I'm not reminded.

#16 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

I don't live near any majorly coveted fish, just a few sunfish and bullheads, so if your looking for fish, there ain't much I can do for you.

Yup, I am damn serious. If money is really the issue, then there is help. Matt has personally bought two memberships. I imagine there are others who can donate.

#17 Guest_Zephead4747_*

Guest_Zephead4747_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

I'm a highschooler, I have other prioroities right now :( . Don't give me a free membership or anything though, I really dislike being given free things. I can live without. Maybe once I get a better job....

#18 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Yup, I am damn serious. If money is really the issue, then there is help. Matt has personally bought two memberships. I imagine there are others who can donate.

Thanks so much. If you ever need anything that I can help with, just tell me.

#19 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

yeah I'll toss in 20 who wants to be a member?
its not like I wouldnt loss it in a old pair of jeans in 3 days anyways

#20 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

I'm a highschooler, I have other prioroities right now :( . Don't give me a free membership or anything though, I really dislike being given free things. I can live without. Maybe once I get a better job....

Zephead, I think we are getting you squared away in your hobby. Join NANFA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users