Photo Tank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_troutperch beeman_*

Guest_troutperch beeman_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

How do I make a cheap photo tank?? I've been trying to take pictures of my fish for hours and they are all blurry and out of focus!!! I'm very frusterated at this piont. Is a 6 megapixel enough to get good pictures? Thanks
Herschel

#2 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:36 PM

Are you using the macro or super macro functions on your camera? These are settings for extreme closeups. If not read your owner's manual and figure out how to use these functions. If you don't have them available, then you are probably SOL.

#3 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

It's quite possible that you might not have the camera set to "macro" as Ed suggested. It's also equally possible the fish is moving and you have insufficient lighting.

I'd first check the setting on your camera. Even if you don't have the manual, you can test by attempting to take a photo of a still object (such as a piece of cloth or a coin) at a very close distance. If it still come out blurry try to increase light. If it still isn't working try to find your manual and set the camera correctly. If it works then add lots more light to the tanks to be photographed.

If you've lost the manual to your camera, almost all manufacturers offer PDF versions online for download. So please don't despair if you've lost it.

6 mega pixels can take very large photos. Since it's so large, you might consider backing off the tank and cropping the images to make the best of your shots instead of trying to fill the image with all fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users