Hi People

20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_darterpro_*

Guest_darterpro_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

Hi im william, a friend of killier I have a 10g tank with a green sunnie and 4 crayfish and soon to get a tadpole madtom.
killier has already bugged me into joining NANFA and I hope to join soon....it looks awesome..

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

"Trust the darter pro"

#3 Guest_darterpro_*

Guest_darterpro_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

what do you mean by that?

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

Look at killier's sig

#5 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

And welcome to the forum!

#6 Guest_darterpro_*

Guest_darterpro_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

oh I get it haha

i need to get a sig...

#7 Guest_vasiliy_*

Guest_vasiliy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

Hi im william, a friend of killier I have a 10g tank with a green sunnie and 4 crayfish and soon to get a tadpole madtom.
killier has already bugged me into joining NANFA and I hope to join soon....it looks awesome..

How are you able to keep four crayfish in a ten gallon with a sunfish? What size are they?

#8 Guest_darterpro_*

Guest_darterpro_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

How are you able to keep four crayfish in a ten gallon with a sunfish? What size are they?

The crayfish are sort of small. and I hand feed them... the green sunfish is about three inches and will be tossed in our private pond when big.

#9 Guest_vasiliy_*

Guest_vasiliy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

The crayfish are sort of small. and I hand feed them... the green sunfish is about three inches and will be tossed in our private pond when big.

How big are they now and how big will they grow?

#10 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

they are rustys now about an inch or so I would say tell them about the tack and the fishing line william
I'm going to take the rustys for my sunnie 55 when they get bigger

#11 Guest_darterpro_*

Guest_darterpro_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

How big are they now and how big will they grow?

oh lets see, the crayfish can get at least the size of a regular lobster...(i dont recomend growing them that size..) the green sunfish can get up to maybea foot and a half? maybe...

By the way would you like to be on my friend list and me on yours?

#12 Guest_vasiliy_*

Guest_vasiliy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:53 PM

If you want to.

#13 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

oh lets see, the crayfish can get at least the size of a regular lobster...(i dont recomend growing them that size..) the green sunfish can get up to maybea foot and a half? maybe...
By the way would you like to be on my friend list and me on yours?

Green sunfish (Lepomis cyanellus) reach between 6-10". Rusty crayfish (Orconectes rusticus) about 4".

#14 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

Green sunfish (Lepomis cyanellus) reach between 6-10". Rusty crayfish (Orconectes rusticus) about 4".

our greens are about that size(on the 6 inch size) but are rustys get bigger than 4 inches

#15 Guest_vasiliy_*

Guest_vasiliy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

I'm just wondering: on this forum (and in most other places) when someone says a specific size of a crayfish, say, four inches, is that with the tail unstretched or with it curled up?

How big to Eastern american crayfish get anyway?

#16 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:05 AM

I'm just wondering: on this forum (and in most other places) when someone says a specific size of a crayfish, say, four inches, is that with the tail unstretched or with it curled up?

How big to Eastern american crayfish get anyway?

Depends on the species. Dwarves get about 2". On the other end of the spectrum, I've seen a 7" red swamp crawdad.

#17 Guest_vasiliy_*

Guest_vasiliy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

when someone says a specific size of a crayfish, say, four inches, is that with the tail unstretched or with it curled up?

I don't really understand what exactly you meant by 2 inches or 7 inches.

#18 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

Fishlvr was just stating the full grown sizes of two different crawfish species. Dwarf crawfish do stay rather small and if I ever got a crawfish it would definatly be a dwarf.

#19 Guest_vasiliy_*

Guest_vasiliy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

when someone says a specific size of a crayfish, say, four inches, is that with the tail unstretched or with it curled up?

#20 Guest_darterpro_*

Guest_darterpro_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

tail stretched out.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users