New In Ohio

16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jahintze_*

Guest_jahintze_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

I just moved to Ohio from Wisconsin. I had been collecting native fishes for years (darters mostly, which can be a challenge in wisconsin when you cant take them from trout streams) on my own and never really knew something like this existed. While looking for new waters to dip my nets in I stumbled onto this page, so I joined up. If anyone has hints for where to catch darters in SW ohio I would appreciate the tip!

#2 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

I just moved to Ohio from Wisconsin. I had been collecting native fishes for years (darters mostly, which can be a challenge in wisconsin when you cant take them from trout streams) on my own and never really knew something like this existed. While looking for new waters to dip my nets in I stumbled onto this page, so I joined up. If anyone has hints for where to catch darters in SW ohio I would appreciate the tip!

Welcome jahintze!

We're glad you found us here. I remember the day I stumbled into my first online forum that discussed native fish and captive care. I have some friends in SW Ohio that will likely show up here shortly and introduce themselves.

#3 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

Welcome to Ohio. I am sure that some of the SW people will be willing to help you out. If you are ever up in NE Ohio let me know. I would highly suggest that you consider joining NANFA as a member. It is only $20.00 per year. This money supports the forum, conservation grants and you recieve a quarterly magazine/newsletter call the American Currents (which is an excellent publication).

#4 Guest_jahintze_*

Guest_jahintze_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

Welcome to Ohio. I am sure that some of the SW people will be willing to help you out. If you are ever up in NE Ohio let me know. I would highly suggest that you consider joining NANFA as a member. It is only $20.00 per year. This money supports the forum, conservation grants and you recieve a quarterly magazine/newsletter call the American Currents (which is an excellent publication).

I have joined NANFA! The money is certainly worth it.

#5 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

You need to update your profile accordingly. It is not done automatically. When you see " Group: Members" under your name, that means forum members, not NANFA members. When you update your profile, you'll see " Group: NANFA Member" under your name.

Welcome aboard!

#6 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

This isn't automatic. It is a manual process that I have to do.

#7 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

Did you say SOUTHWEST OHIO? Where exactly? We shall have to get together.

#8 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:07 PM

Great news, welcome aboard. Those of us in Ohio will need to try and plan a regional meeting for next spring.

#9 Guest_jahintze_*

Guest_jahintze_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

Did you say SOUTHWEST OHIO? Where exactly? We shall have to get together.

In the Dayton area.

#10 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

In the Dayton area.

I am near Lebanon, about halfway between Dayton, and Cincy.

There are many good streams in our area, Pm me, and we shall go out soon.
Matt

#11 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:54 PM

This isn't automatic. It is a manual process that I have to do.

You mean it has nothing to do with that question on the profile? I thought that's what the purpose of the question is. Oh well, I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. Thanks for the correction. What is the purpose of the question on the profile, if I may ask?

#12 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

You mean it has nothing to do with that question on the profile? I thought that's what the purpose of the question is. Oh well, I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. Thanks for the correction. What is the purpose of the question on the profile, if I may ask?

Basically to let me know that you are a NANFA member :D

There are some people who selected that they were and really aren't. Once I verify a person is a NANFA member, I change their group.

In the future, there will probably be some NANFA member only features besides the file limitations in place now.

#13 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:05 PM

Oh where are my manners... Welcome to the forum and most importantly welcome to NANFA. You are blessed to be in a great area with a lot of good people around. And you've already met your Regional Rep.

#14 Guest_jahintze_*

Guest_jahintze_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:16 PM

I am near Lebanon, about halfway between Dayton, and Cincy.

There are many good streams in our area, Pm me, and we shall go out soon.
Matt

Sounds good.

#15 Guest_jahintze_*

Guest_jahintze_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:17 PM

Oh where are my manners... Welcome to the forum and most importantly welcome to NANFA. You are blessed to be in a great area with a lot of good people around. And you've already met your Regional Rep.

Thanks for the welcome!

#16 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:20 PM

For some reason there are a lot of us from Ohio on here myself included, hope to meet you soon and welcome!

#17 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:00 PM

I'm in Northwestern Ohio (Bowling Green). Welcome. I'm in the water quite a bit. If you need some good sites or want to catch some fish, let me know too.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users