Good Sites Near Orlando?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_haruspicator_*

Guest_haruspicator_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

I'm going to visit some old high school buddies, and they want to go fishing. Of course, I see this as the opportunity to finally test my pleco, swamp eel, oscar, and Mystery Fish recipies. Mmmm Mmmm good! :blink: Any good spots in Central FL? I never been there!

#2 Guest_Mysteryman_*

Guest_Mysteryman_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

I can't believe that no one answered this already, and it's probably too late, but that area is full of great spots. If you get yourself a Delorme Gazateer of Florida, you'll see that area is overrun with oodles of little lakes and creeks, all of which are full of fish. I little northeast is Mimms, a great spot, and southwest around Haines City/ Lakeland are probably literally hundreds of holes. Orlando proper? I don't know what you'd find in town, if anything.

#3 Guest_haruspicator_*

Guest_haruspicator_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:18 PM

I can't believe that no one answered this already, and it's probably too late, but that area is full of great spots. If you get yourself a Delorme Gazateer of Florida, you'll see that area is overrun with oodles of little lakes and creeks, all of which are full of fish. I little northeast is Mimms, a great spot, and southwest around Haines City/ Lakeland are probably literally hundreds of holes. Orlando proper? I don't know what you'd find in town, if anything.

Thanks! I'll grab one of those! I'm going in a couple of weeks. Bad few months at work, so it is much anticipated! The friend I'm visiting lives somewhere near Orlando, but will try to stay outside of the city as much as possible! I imagine there are lots of parks and stuff that would allow fishing. I'm used to the wide open federal land in the west!

Thanks!
shawn

#4 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

The last time I was in peninsular Florida, 1 hour's drive NE of Tampa, I spent an entire afternoon looking for access to any lake. Most property is private property. Even boat ramps marked in the Delorme Gazetteer do not guarantee access to the water; at one boat ramp, my only choice would be to launch a boat for $5 fee.

#5 Guest_haruspicator_*

Guest_haruspicator_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

The last time I was in peninsular Florida, 1 hour's drive NE of Tampa, I spent an entire afternoon looking for access to any lake. Most property is private property. Even boat ramps marked in the Delorme Gazetteer do not guarantee access to the water; at one boat ramp, my only choice would be to launch a boat for $5 fee.

I was afraid of that. Hopefully there will be some canals or something that aren't popular bass spots.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users