Darter Mania!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nightwing_*

Guest_Nightwing_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

Some pics of my rainbows. I have 4 males, 8 females, and a really nice johny(I think) that refuses to stay in a positon for a photo when I have a camera in hand!
Anyway..some shots of my tank and fish(with a few cameo's of mud minnows and blackchin shiners if you look close!).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Guest_seanmc_*

Guest_seanmc_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:23 PM

Wow! Nice looking tank, gorgeous fish. The Rainbow is at the top of my wishlist, and they are even native to Ontario (supposedly in the southwest).

I see you are in Michigan. I have relatives in Brighton. Did you collect your Rainbows anywhere near there?

Wishful thinking on my part, really, as I haven't yet found anyone who can definitively tell me what the rules are about bringing fish across the border (especially with VHS these days).

Cheers - Sean

#3 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

sweet pictures
what camera you using?
I love how those pictures turned out.

#4 Guest_Nightwing_*

Guest_Nightwing_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

The fish were collected on the west side of Michigan, near Grand Rapids. Most of the small streams around here have them, although the fish I have I cherry picked from a stream with a line of fish with VERY intense color. To be legal, you need to get a collection permit in Michigan(fairly simple online process) and then document your collection with the state(what you found, where you found it, that sort of thing). Only real bummer is you have to declare ahead of time where you will be collecting, and what, which is a pain. I just chose as many waters as I could locally, and hope that smaller feeder streams count when I chose, say "Kalamazoo river watershed") as an example. I would put up a link here..but our DNR site is about as discombobulated as possible, and I can't find the link at the moment, for the online collecting permit application!
I am using a sony DSC H-5, 7 megapix digital. I love the camera, it takes amazing macro's and has a full range user adjustable settings, including focus(although it's tough to get the fish to stay still once you have the focus set!). The color correction is spot on, and it takes great low light pics also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users