Bay Area Trapping

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_maximumminnowtrapper_*

Guest_maximumminnowtrapper_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

Hey all, im new here and was wondering what kind of minnows i can ctach in the creek near where i live. it is the adobe creek in the south bay area running through mountain view. anthing would be appreciated. thanks!

#2 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

You have got to be kidding me. I am not going to puzzle over what creek you are talking about.

Protocol:
Give creek name, crossroad, county and state.
Optional - major watershed and HUC#
Date, collectors' names.
Fish ID and name of who identified the fish.

#3 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Be nice to the new guys! It's OK to abuse the old-timers - they are used to us.

#4 Guest_ckraft_*

Guest_ckraft_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

Hey all, im new here and was wondering what kind of minnows i can ctach in the creek near where i live. it is the adobe creek in the south bay area running through mountain view. anthing would be appreciated. thanks!

Sounds to me like California, if so then check the laws. Pretty much you can't catch anything legally.

#5 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Seriously! I'm glad someone said something that was a bit harsh for a first time poster. What a welcoming community and since when do we have protocols on asking a question? If you don't want to puzzle over it there is no reason to yell at someone because their question doesn't meet your standards. Just let the thread lie until someone offers help. There can be far too much posting for posting sake.

Adobe and south bay sound like the S.F. area? Correct?

Try this http://www.natureser...dHucs/index.jsp

It's a link that should be in everyone's favorites of their browser. It is not a be all end all list but it is quite comprehensive for what could/should/is found in the drainage at the 8-digit watershed (HUC).

#6 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:19 PM

Yeah,
Let's all just shoot the breeze; then the posts can just keep rolling. Eventually, the time verses productive information will get to the point that I quit making an effort to help on the forum. Maybe the clicks will fill any dead air with fluff.

"Just let the thread lie until someone offers help. There can be far too much posting for posting sake."

"Seriously!" ? ? on the second item.

And platitudes. I find some questions fall dead too quickly on this forum. I try to check new post topics so good information, from experience or local knowledge, can get to those I can help. Other people with other experiences help too. My hope is the cumulative effort of the forum will get nearly all inquiries answered.

#7 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

Your original post was not very productive or informative. If you want to help, help. If you want to be a dick, go elsewhere.

#8 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

Your original post was not very productive or informative. If you want to help, help. If you want to be a dick, go elsewhere.

That has gone too far. I demand an apology.

#9 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

MMT,
I apologize you had to see this on your first post. If you can be more specific on your request, I'm sure someone can help you. Also, the link ashtonmj provided will point you in the right direction.

#10 Guest_butch_*

Guest_butch_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:39 PM

That has gone too far. I demand an apology.

Wow that's being ass, pradon my mouth.
Well actually you don't need an apology you just pummelling the newcomer with very serious questions. All he wants is if he can collect some fishes from that creek. That's why I don't often post questions here because this forum's full of hotheads, no offense...just don't wasted your time for posting here. He's here to learn things from other people, isn't that what the forum for? Not for being dick so don't post here unless you have some real advice for him.

#11 Guest_TurtleLover_*

Guest_TurtleLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:46 PM

Good job Drewish. Glad to see that moderators aren't going to tolerate that behavior. Nice that things have changed and new posters to this forum are no longer crucified or beginning their time here on the wrong foot.

#12 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

You have got to be kidding me. I am not going to puzzle over what creek you are talking about.

Protocol:
Give creek name, crossroad, county and state.
Optional - major watershed and HUC#
Date, collectors' names.
Fish ID and name of who identified the fish.

maximumminnowtrapper,
I am sorry that "protocol" got misconstrued as a demand. It is how specimens are to be labeled. All I meant was this the information I need to help.

I have spawned and raised the offspring of 28 North American Native fish species, 10 of which were shiners. I have also collected fish from 250 sites. I offer my help getting you started with native fish. It is likely I can help in some way that the name-caller can't.

#13 Guest_butch_*

Guest_butch_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

Nice work Drewish, I just got PM from uniseine...oh well at last you're being helpful and well behaved. Maybe you will be excellent role model for first-timers in this forum.

#14 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

I should have known better than leave the thread open.

uniseine, you may have done all you said... but you still lack tact. You might want to find it if you want to continue posting here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users