Longnosed Gars At That Fish Place

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dmarkley_*

Guest_dmarkley_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

That Fish Place in Lancaster PA has a tank full of juvenile longnosed gar. They are 3-4 inches long. And yes, I think they really are longnoses...

If I recall, they have them listed for $12.99 each.

I am NOT afficliated with That Fish Place in anyway except as a customer. Their feeder goldfish are perfect for my redfin pickerels!

#2 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

That Fish Place in Lancaster PA has a tank full of juvenile longnosed gar. They are 3-4 inches long. And yes, I think they really are longnoses...

If I recall, they have them listed for $12.99 each.

I am NOT afficliated with That Fish Place in anyway except as a customer. Their feeder goldfish are perfect for my redfin pickerels!

Are they affiliated with "That Fish Place" in North Tonawanda, NY (Buffalo)?

#3 Guest_dmarkley_*

Guest_dmarkley_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

I am not sure. These guys advertise as the largest discount aquarium supply in the world. And they do have a huge building.

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

They are online as well - bought out a couple of years ago by Drs. Foster & Smith. I made a pilgrimage to That Fish Place several years ago when I was visiting a friend in NJ. It's worth the trip if you can make it.

#5 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:19 PM

They are online as well - bought out a couple of years ago by Drs. Foster & Smith.

What!!?? Say it isn't so.

I used to shop from That Fish Place years ago in college, when they had a black and white newsprint catalog. (I think they had better deals then, too).

#6 Guest_diburning_*

Guest_diburning_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:56 AM

You mean the store run by lotsoffish (Pete Mang)? Then I'd say no. He deals with exotics and sometimes darters.

#7 Guest_rarecichlids_*

Guest_rarecichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

Nope - two different owners...both good stores though. They both get some cool fish...

#8 Guest_rarecichlids_*

Guest_rarecichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:56 PM

What!!?? Say it isn't so.

I used to shop from That Fish Place years ago in college, when they had a black and white newsprint catalog. (I think they had better deals then, too).

WHAT!! I never heard about that...if true i HAVE been out of touch!

#9 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:06 AM

Keep in mind, the place in Pennsylvania changed its name years ago to That Pet Place. It's only us old timers that still have our brains stuck on calling it That Fish Place. :)

I remember about 17 or 18 years ago when I was working for the LFS, my boss heard that I made a trip out there one weekend and dropped several hundred $$. He asked to talk with me, asked why I would spend my $$$ there when he gives me a 30% discount. I showed him my receipt and his eyes popped out. He said for almost every item I paid less than he would pay his distributors for the same items.

Having made some pickup trips to his distributors, I can say that That Pet Place is easily far and away bigger than any of the distributors he was buying from. The place is huge. It's like the Home Depot of pet shops, but bigger.

It's very much worth the drive, but time your trip around one of their sales!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users