Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:26 AM

Here's my results:Click for results

#3 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:47 AM

I did horribly never was good with different species of gar/pike and those catfish were hard but I nailed the trout and sunnies/Bass

#4 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

I don't want to give away the whole quiz, but fish #2 really doesn't look like a pumpkinseed, certainly not as a thumbnail view. And no, I don't think it's a hybrid either...

#5 Guest_seanmc_*

Guest_seanmc_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

I got 34 of 37 (missed fish 25, 30, and 31, think I was losing steam near the end).

Cheers - Sean

#6 Guest_joia2181_*

Guest_joia2181_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

I don't want to give away the whole quiz, but fish #2 really doesn't look like a pumpkinseed, certainly not as a thumbnail view. And no, I don't think it's a hybrid either...

I agree with you that the #2 is a little sketchy. I only got a 75. Dam trout. I tanked on the walleye types too. Arrugh!

#7 Guest_mzokan_*

Guest_mzokan_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:29 PM

Nailed it!!
37 out of 37

Too bad that doesn't translate to real life fish

#8 Guest_vmahaffe_*

Guest_vmahaffe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

36/37. One of the trout threw me off a little, #30. Most cutthroat I have seen have a little more red under their jaw.

#9 Guest_arnoldi_*

Guest_arnoldi_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

Mixed up the pike and sauger/walleye, ack. You know when they say go with your first answer? Well they're right!

#10 Guest_bullhead_*

Guest_bullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

35 / 37 I missed the "yellow catfish". What the heck is a yellow catfish? There is no yellow catfish in my Peterson's. I looked at the picture and said "bullhead", but there was no such choice.

#11 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:12 PM

35 / 37 I missed the "yellow catfish". What the heck is a yellow catfish? There is no yellow catfish in my Peterson's. I looked at the picture and said "bullhead", but there was no such choice.

Yellow catfish is a synonym for yellow bullhead, I believe.

#12 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

I got screwed up by the sunfish! Did well on the other parts though! Don't really need to know too much about I.D.ing sunfish because all we catch here are green and bluegills!

#13 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I definately agree with you on that one. I just used the process of elimination. Green sunfish was used and the rest of the fish on the choice list where later in the quiz, leaving pseed as your last choice.

#14 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

36 out of 37, I don't know my shads.

#15 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:32 PM

I got an "incomplete" :-?

#16 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

This was fun. I got a 36. I missed the yellow catfish. I was sure it was a bullhead, but have heard them locally called "mud catfish" So I went with mud catfish, never heard of yellow catfish. On the pumpkinseed, Sorry guys, but I saw a pumpkinseed.

#17 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:12 PM

37 out of 37

That BTW is a poor example of a Shortnosed gar (too elongate) and the sturgeon is a Scaphirhynchus sp.
Yellow catfish Yellow bullhead same fish...Crappy choice to call it a yellow catfish that is a yellow bullhead.

#18 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:00 AM

37 out of 37 here, I was a little confused by a couple of the common names, especially the yellow catfish but I just assumed it meant yellow bullhead and I guess that was correct.

#19 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

OK, where is there a quiz with interesting fishes like killfishes, shiners and darters rather than basses and trout? Just sayin'.....

#20 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

That Bullhead was a Black Bullhead (dark barbels)....grrr not a Yellow Catfish (whatever that is)..oh well, haha why do I care...ha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users