Hello From Nc

12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Madtom_*

Guest_Madtom_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Bobby and I am from North Carolina. I have been interested in fish ever since I was old enough to go fishing with my Grandpa. While I waited for the "fish to bite" I would sqaut down by the waters edge and deep through the weeds with our bait net...I guess that is how it all started! In addition to fish I enjoy studying birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and to a somewhat lesser degree plants. I have several pics I would like to get ID'd so I will be off for now!

#2 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Bobby and I am from North Carolina. I have been interested in fish ever since I was old enough to go fishing with my Grandpa. While I waited for the "fish to bite" I would sqaut down by the waters edge and deep through the weeds with our bait net...I guess that is how it all started! In addition to fish I enjoy studying birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and to a somewhat lesser degree plants. I have several pics I would like to get ID'd so I will be off for now!

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Madtom_*

Guest_Madtom_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

Thanks!

#4 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

Welcome!

I'm sure you'll get all of your fish identified and learn lots about them in the process.

#5 Guest_Madtom_*

Guest_Madtom_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

Welcome!

I'm sure you'll get all of your fish identified and learn lots about them in the process.

Thanks! That is what I am hoping!

#6 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:17 AM

Welcome!

I'm not on the forum that often but welcome anyway :)

Where in NC are you from? I'm in Raleigh.

#7 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

Hey Madtom - what kind of bird is that in your avatar? That looks exactly like the ugly chickens we used to raise back on the farm. They weren't really chickens, we just called them that. They tasted way better too.

#8 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

I am fairly certain it is an Ivory Billed Woodpecker. You should know Irate, that chickens have fleshy combs, and the woodpeckers you helped exterminate had feathery crests. I would hardly call it a chicken :D

Welcome Madtom!

#9 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

Somebody once told me they were some kind of woodpecker - I laughed and laughed and laughed! But I never said they were chickens - that's just what we called 'em, for lack of a better name.

#10 Guest_Madtom_*

Guest_Madtom_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hello everyone!

viridari: I am from Sampson County, Autryville to be exact, nice to meet you!
Irate Mormon: Hello Irate Mormon, that bird is indeed an Ivory-billed Woodpecker as stated by skipjack. I enjoy fish but I am a bird watcher first and foremost!
Skipjack: Good job on the ID! Thanks for the welcome!

#11 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

Ahhh ok only 1.5 hours from me (I'm on the north end of Raleigh). We might have to get my canoe wet sometime when the weather warms up.

#12 Guest_Madtom_*

Guest_Madtom_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

Ahhh ok only 1.5 hours from me (I'm on the north end of Raleigh). We might have to get my canoe wet sometime when the weather warms up.

Oh thats not very far... :-)
that part about the canoe sounds good...no complaints here! ;)

#13 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

Oh thats not very far... :-)
that part about the canoe sounds good...no complaints here! ;)

I just posted a picture in a related thread here.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users