Down by the crick

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:40 PM

Southern redbellied dace are a species I have coveted for years. Northern redbellies are protected in Ma where I live so the southerns are a great substitute and legal. I was extremely pleased to see how quickly they settled in to their new home and colored up. I can't understand why they are not more popular throughout the hobby.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rainbow darters are the other new addition. I can't tell you how much I love these guys. Not just the color, it's the personality that makes 'em so fun to watch.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for the longwinded posts. I wanted to share my enthusiasm, not just my pics.
I've only been on this forum for a couple of months but already I'm very glad I stumbled onto it.

#2 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

Nice photos, particularly the SRBD in mid-turn. That's one of the better 4-spine pics I've seen, too.

cheers,
Dave

#3 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:56 PM

Southern redbellied dace are a species I have coveted for years. Northern redbellies are protected in Ma where I live so the southerns are a great substitute and legal. I was extremely pleased to see how quickly they settled in to their new home and colored up. I can't understand why they are not more popular throughout the hobby.

Interestingly enough, they are listed here:
Wikipedia - List of freshwater aquarium fish species
"A vast number of species of fish have been successfully kept in the home aquarium. This list gives only some of the most commonly-kept species."
They must be popular somewhere, with somebody?

#4 Guest_joia2181_*

Guest_joia2181_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:42 AM

Great pictures Mike!

#5 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

Fantastic photos of S. Redbelly Dace. They are also one of my favorite fish to keep in an aquarium. They are very hardy, and if you know where to find them, easy to come across.

#6 Guest_Seedy_*

Guest_Seedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:22 PM

Great pics, very cool fish! I agree with you that darters have awesome personality...I've been watching them more than my Cichlids lately :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users