more icefishing pics

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

Back out on the ice today. Lots of slush. Looks like warm spell is gonna shut us down for awhile.
I got plenty of trout by getting on the ice before first light. Tom showed up around noon and preceded to use an underwater camera to locate some panfish for us to jig. What a life! :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
At last a native!
Posted Image

#2 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

At last a native!
Posted Image

Wow, thats a gorgeous perch.

#3 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:34 AM

BTW, those are the natural, unretouched colors taken in diffused sun with fill flash. The pinkish color of the snow in the perch pic is from being shot at sunset when the sun peeked through the overcast at a very low angle.

#4 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:10 AM

BTW, those are the natural, unretouched colors taken in diffused sun with fill flash. The pinkish color of the snow in the perch pic is from being shot at sunset when the sun peeked through the overcast at a very low angle.

Just amazing!

#5 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

wow, beautiful fish

#6 Guest_andyavram_*

Guest_andyavram_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

The Sunfish aren't native?

It seems I have seen these pictures before...

Andy

#7 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

The Sunfish aren't native?

It seems I have seen these pictures before...

Andy

The bluegills are not native to Massachusetts. We have banded, redbreast and pumpkinseed. As those things usually go, the non-native bluegills are the most abundant species having colonized virtually every single body of freshwater in the state. As a native fish enthusiest, I think that sucks. As a fisherman, I have to admit I get a great deal of pleasure out of a jumbo 'gill like the one above. :rolleyes:
Yep, these are the same pics. Kenny tried to tweak me about suffering with winter in New England because I tweaked him about his beloved Steelers so I showed him we don't suffer much from lack of fish in winter. Of course he still won the match with those pics of the sailfin shiners. How could I not be envious?

#8 Guest_andyavram_*

Guest_andyavram_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

It was my recent trip to Florida where I came back and decided to tear down the 75 gallon salamander tank and put it into a 40 gallon so the 75 can be a native Ohio tank. All because of little bluish-black striped shiners in Fl. Although the killies, darters, pygmy sunnies, etc only added to the fact that I now want a S. US fish tank too.

Andy

p.s. salamander tank nearly finished and hopefully the 75 will be reworked within a month.

#9 Guest_puchisapo_*

Guest_puchisapo_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:29 AM

nice fish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users