Jonny or Greenside?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

Poke me in advance of this since St. Joseph is an easy drive for me.

I'd like to see some Spotted Gar as well. If you wouldn't mind.

#22 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

If the stream is small, we can use the view buckets. They work great in those situations.

Sorry to derail, but Todd, can you maybe make a post or a thread about view buckets?

Tom

#23 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

Sorry to derail, but Todd, can you maybe make a post or a thread about view buckets?
Tom

I'll make an official one when I get home and have the link to the site for the commercial one we use.

For the diy version, you can see my friend Zach model one that Jeffro and I made.

http://www.farmertod...sel_view_01.htm

http://www.farmertod...s/fish_view.htm

And that would be awesome to set up a trip all over South Central MI. Give me a couple weeks, I'll coordinate with Jim and Richard, and we can come up with an itenerary.

Todd

#24 Guest_Nightwing_*

Guest_Nightwing_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

An update, of a sorts. I sampled the stream today again where I originaly got the female greenside, in an attempt to get a male. No luck on the male..but I DID find to very gravid females! No photos..but they were clearly greensides, and clearly ready to pop! So...I am assuming there is a population here.
I got only two male fish at all, one clearly a rainbow, and the other I don't know. Looks like a greenside with rainbow-ish color!(so..likely small male rainbow..but still looks weird). I have a second thread up for ID help with that one.

#25 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:31 PM

An update, of a sorts. I sampled the stream today again where I originaly got the female greenside, in an attempt to get a male. No luck on the male..but I DID find to very gravid females! No photos..but they were clearly greensides, and clearly ready to pop! So...I am assuming there is a population here.
I got only two male fish at all, one clearly a rainbow, and the other I don't know. Looks like a greenside with rainbow-ish color!(so..likely small male rainbow..but still looks weird). I have a second thread up for ID help with that one.

Hey Paul I'll be over in your area week after next and would really like to see the locality you are finding the Greensides at. I'll drop you a line as soon as I get stuff ironed out. If you can I'd like to meet up and do some sampling...

#26 Guest_Nightwing_*

Guest_Nightwing_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

Just let me know. I likely have to work(that is my weekend to work) but I'll happily point the location out to you. Of course if I don't have to work, I'd love to tag along! If you have a second person to help with a sein, I have to think you would do better then I do. All I have is a small pond net, and I just "kick net" by holding the net a few feet downstream of me and walking down a few feed at a time. Very inefficient, and I suspect I mis far more then I get.
BTW, with the Iowa today..that makes 3 species of darter in this little stream.

Edited by Nightwing, 07 April 2008 - 09:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users