Catfish Alliance

55 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

The Southern contingent is kicking everybody else's butts! No good collecting out west, eh? Those pesky laws...

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:11 AM

Anyway, anybody wishing to join the Official Catfish Alliance, please signify by posting you name!

#3 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:17 AM

Me -- Sean

#4 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:59 AM

IM HERE!!!

#5 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:11 AM

I’m just a Yankee but I'm in the area pretty often. Did I mention that I'll pull a net through anything with a single complaint? I would love to be part of this alliance. Give me yell when you guys get out together and I'll see if I can schedule a customer visit to coincide.

#6 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:00 AM

I'm a transplant, but I'm here now. Although Ipchay may question me due to my distaste for sweet tea...

#7 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

Ahh sweet tea. I'm stunned Yankees don't drink this stuff. You can get sweet tea in every restaurant even McDonalds in the South! If you ask for sweet tea near my home they look at you funny. I like 50/50 sweet and unsweet. I do have one question that has bugged me for a while....Why is it called unsweet tea when it's easier to just call it tea?

#8 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

Sorry about the double post up there; I don't know what happened.

When I first arrived down here and had lunch out, I asked for iced tea. The girl said "we have sweet tea". I asked, "what is sweet tea?". She couldn't think of an answer. She said "It's... its just.... sweet tea".

I'm not so fond of it because there is so much sugar I can't taste the tea!

#9 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:58 PM

Is sweet tea going to be the measuring stick here????

I was thinking more along the lines of something like PLUG TOBACCO

or pigs feet!!!

moon pie?

#10 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:15 PM

I must not be a Yankee since I like all the above.

#11 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

The reason I specify Northern VA in my location is because we truly aren't southern up here. For those who live here or have been through know what I'm talking about.

#12 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:57 PM

He is right. I have had dealing with these people, they are not like most southerners. Case in point, most people from the northern part of Virginia do not have a proper tree climbing toe nail. In my younger days I could scale a pine tree like a squirrel (mmmm, squirrel, mmmmm). I know for a fact people from North Virginia clip there tree climbing toe nail!!!!!! Now if that is not strange I don't know what is.

(yes i just ripped off Jerry Clower)

#13 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

I have a friend from Virginia who likes to razz me with his rebel talk and calls me "Yankee". I like to note that we Pittsburghers were rebels about 67 years before "you Virginians". Have you never heard of the Whiskey Rebellion? It occurred in 1794 in the Monongahela Valley and was put down by a Virginian named George Washington! I tell my friend that you Southerners should be ashamed. You boast of being Rebels and call us Yankees, but you put down our rebellion. Hypocrites!

Of course we are just kidding when we chide each other like that, and we are both fans of the Tenth Amendment. But I couldn't resist mentioning that since there is a discussion here as to what makes one a Southerner. :wink:

On a more serious note, I will not likely be in the Gulf coast in the foreseeable future. I hope to be able to attend next year's convention, and meet you there. :D

#14 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:47 PM

Why is it called unsweet tea when it's easier to just call it tea?

Unsweet tea is a misnomer actually - it sounds like you take the naturally ocurring sweetness out of the tea! It should be NON-sweet tea. Anyway, I tried to order sweet tea in New Jersey once. Haha, it was actually rather funny in retrospect. And "What's a GRIT? Um, we don't serve that..."

#15 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:50 PM

Oh yeah, another quote from New Jersey - "Don't fry that flounder- you'll ruin the flavor!"

#16 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:05 PM

Oh yeah, another quote from New Jersey - "Don't fry that flounder-  you'll ruin the flavor!"

Yeah, well, in New Jersey the flounder swim in wooter (rhymes with "wood"), not water. That might affect the flavor. One time when I was in New Jersey I fried the flounder in butter and some lemon pepper. It was quite tasty - the flavor was not ruined!

On the other hand, a buddy of mine at work told me that when he was traveling in Mississippi he could not find an Italian restaurant anywhere! So you might be missing a few things down there, too. There's always regional foods, no matter where you travel. Personally, anytime I'm in the South, I have to find a barbecue joint. There's just nothing like a good Southern barbecue. I think Spartanburg is my favorite so far.

#17 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:10 PM

Italian food - well we have Romano's Macaroni Grill. As far as independents - nah!

#18 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:28 PM

I guess that's the point. You've got one chain restaurant, and that's it. You've got your Southern cooking, and I love to enjoy it when in the South. Here in Pittsburgh, we have many different ethnic restaurants, including the mom and pop shops. The eating is fanstastic down there, and it's fantastic up here. It's just different. Come up and enjoy it if you will, and help a newbie hone his collecting skills while you're at it!

#19 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

I'm in love bullheads :D
Robert

#20 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:38 AM

Is SC tto far east to be a member of this grand alliance? If not, I would like to throw my hat in as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users