Ebay sturgeon for sale

28 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Moontanman_*

Guest_Moontanman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

I'll let you know if anything gets finalized with this. I'm not sure the exact species but assume either P. hermanni or P. kaufmanni ..

P. hermanni is the tiny one the other is about twice to three times as big if I remember correctly.

#22 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

I'll let you know if anything gets finalized with this. I'm not sure the exact species but assume either P. hermanni or P. kaufmanni ..

If you're successful at obtaining and breeding these, I'm sure a number of us will be lining up to get some. That would be quite a privilege to get in on the ground floor of a captive breeding program.

#23 Guest_Gambusia_*

Guest_Gambusia_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

Yeah I've seen them too but they are not native to North America and compete directly with the Atlantic Short Nosed Sturgeon which is endangered in my state. Even my aquaculture licence won't allow me to posses one. They are illegal in NC and should be any where in North America.

Not totally true at all.

Sterlet are freshwater ONLY sturgeon. The shortnosed is not at all.

Besides I have never heard of sterlet being stocked in NC.

You are correct state fishing laws ban the possession of ANY species of sturgeon.

As far as I know there is no exception to that rule in NC except maybe the NC zoo and the NC Aquariums.

Do you have a specific cite that says sterlet are totally illegal in NC??

Edited by Gambusia, 13 March 2008 - 10:08 PM.

#24 Guest_Moontanman_*

Guest_Moontanman_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

Not totally true at all.

Sterlet are freshwater ONLY sturgeon. The shortnosed is not at all.

http://www.fishbase.us/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?id=4604

the atlantic shortnose lives much the same way living at the edge of the marine freshwater environemnt and spawning in freshwater

Besides I have never heard of sterlet being stocked in NC.

this is true but I have never said they were being stocked but at one time they were sold in pet shops but the state put a quick end to that.

You are correct state fishing laws ban the possession of ANY species of sturgeon.

You can get permission, I did.

As far as I know there is no exception to that rule in NC except maybe the NC zoo and the NC Aquariums.

As I said beofre I recieved permission to have captive bred shovelnose stugeon, I can even sell them as long as i don't sell them in NC.

Do you have a specific cite that says sterlet are totally illegal in NC??

If you let a wild life officer catch you with a sterlet or if he finds one for sale in a pet shop you can find out for yourself.

I reanswered you because my first answer seems to have disapeared

#25 Guest_jozsefj_*

Guest_jozsefj_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

Guess What ? I am the one who is selling the Diamond Sturgeon ( Acipensier Gueldenstaedtii ) on eBay. I think some of you might have mistaken what I meant. As far as I know, there are NO tiny Sturgeons or Dwarf Sturgrons but there are young sturgeons which is what I am selling. I imported the fertilized eggs from Europe with CITES permit and clear through both US Customs and US Fish and Wildlife Dept. The eggs hatched and I raised them to young ones. and I started to put them on eBay when they are about 4" long. What I am selling are the young ones, NOT a Dwarf one. If you put them in a large pond, they can grow up to 4 to 6 feet, and if you put them in a large fish tank while they were still young, they probably can grow up to 20 - 24 inches.

#26 Guest_Moontanman_*

Guest_Moontanman_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

Guess What ? I am the one who is selling the Diamond Sturgeon ( Acipensier Gueldenstaedtii ) on eBay. I think some of you might have mistaken what I meant. As far as I know, there are NO tiny Sturgeons or Dwarf Sturgrons but there are young sturgeons which is what I am selling. I imported the fertilized eggs from Europe with CITES permit and clear through both US Customs and US Fish and Wildlife Dept. The eggs hatched and I raised them to young ones. and I started to put them on eBay when they are about 4" long. What I am selling are the young ones, NOT a Dwarf one. If you put them in a large pond, they can grow up to 4 to 6 feet, and if you put them in a large fish tank while they were still young, they probably can grow up to 20 - 24 inches.

Try this site for tiny sturgeon http://www.fishbase....ary.cfm?ID=8764

#27 Guest_Loki_*

Guest_Loki_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Ive seen the listing on aquabid before too

#28 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Jozsefj,
What makes you think they will only grow to 20-24 inches in a tank?

#29 Moontanman

Moontanman
  • NANFA Member

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:43 AM

Pseudoscaphirhynchus are now being captive produced, I'm actually working on trying to bring a few into the states from the farms working with them as I want my hands on them also.

I hate to resurrect a long dead thread but Brooklamprey did the breeding of Pseudoscaphirhynchus hermanni work out 

Michael

Life is the poetry of the universe
Love is the poetry of life

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users