Mexican Goodeids

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BLChristie_*

Guest_BLChristie_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

A colleague of mine at the Denver Aquarium is looking for a handful of Mexican goodeids for a planned exhibit with a spotlight on fishes of conservation significance, if anyone knows of a source for any of these fishes, or anyone who is breeding or otherwise in the know, you can post here and I will pass the info along. His list is pasted below:

Characodon lateralis (males & females)
Xenotoca eiseni (males & females)
Zoogoneticus tequila (males & females)

and a variety of killifish (not necessarily endangered but I need to add more colorful fish to the exhibit as well)
2 pairs Aphyosemon striatum
2 pairs Aphyosemon australe
2 pairs Aplocheilus lineatus
2 pairs Fundulopanchax gardneri
2 pairs Fundulopanchax sjostedti
2 pairs Fundulus notatus

If anyone knows of anyone working with these spp please reply, I'll be sure to pass the info along, thanks!

-Barrett Christie
Aquarium Supervisor, The Dallas Aquarium

Edited by BLChristie, 06 March 2008 - 10:41 PM.

#2 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

Here are your Z. tequila

http://www.aquabid.c...c...

Keep an eye on aquabid for the other species, goodeids can be found fairly commonly through this website.

Hope that helps!

A colleague of mine at the Denver Aquarium is looking for a handful of Mexican goodeids for a planned exhibit with a spotlight on fishes of conservation significance, if anyone knows of a source for any of these fishes, or anyone who is breeding or otherwise in the know, you can post here and I will pass the info along. His list is pasted below:

Characodon lateralis (males & females)
Xenotoca eiseni (males & females)
Zoogoneticus tequila (males & females)

and a variety of killifish (not necessarily endangered but I need to add more colorful fish to the exhibit as well)
2 pairs Aphyosemon striatum
2 pairs Aphyosemon australe
2 pairs Aplocheilus lineatus
2 pairs Fundulopanchax gardneri
2 pairs Fundulopanchax sjostedti
2 pairs Fundulus notatus

If anyone knows of anyone working with these spp please reply, I'll be sure to pass the info along, thanks!

-Barrett Christie
Aquarium Supervisor, The Dallas Aquarium

#3 Guest_BLChristie_*

Guest_BLChristie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the info, I have passed it along, I knew the NANFA folks would be best resource for this type of thing!
-Barrett

#4 Guest_AC-Editor_*

Guest_AC-Editor_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

Many members of the American Livebearers Associatoin regularly breed goodeids. I would look there if you haven't already.

http://livebearers.org/

Chris Scharpf

#5 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

I bought some Xenotoca Eiseni from a breeder in Detroit last fall. They have been quite prolific, I'd be happy to send you some for the cost of shipping. I have several that are 1" long and more that are smaller.

Would you like some Endler's livebearers too?

#6 Guest_Sean H_*

Guest_Sean H_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

I live in Dallas, I have all the aforementioned goodeids. As well I am sure that our local killifish club can put together all of the above as well (Dallas Killlifish Association). Are you willing to ship them yourself? The next month or two would be the best weather to ship goodeids in my opinion but I have shipped all year long with success.

#7 Guest_BLChristie_*

Guest_BLChristie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

I live in Dallas, I have all the aforementioned goodeids. As well I am sure that our local killifish club can put together all of the above as well (Dallas Killlifish Association). Are you willing to ship them yourself? The next month or two would be the best weather to ship goodeids in my opinion but I have shipped all year long with success.

Sean,
Thank so much, I will pass this along to the folks up in Denver, but we would be more than happy to ship locally up that way.
If you want to give the aquarium a call at (214) 670-8453 and ask them to page Barrett on the radio I'll put you in touch with the right folks in Denver. I'm there Sun-Thur 8-5.
Thanks again!
-BC

Edited by BLChristie, 07 March 2008 - 10:54 PM.

#8 Guest_BLChristie_*

Guest_BLChristie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:51 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied, I've passed the link for this forum on to the folks up at Denver so they can evaluate all the offers. Somehow I knew the folks on here would prove to be a fertile resource for finding these species, I'm amazed at the response!!!!

-Barrett

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users