grass pickerel tankmates

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_FishyPete_*

Guest_FishyPete_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:59 PM

I have a 125g tank with 2 6" to 7" grass pickerel in it, are there any other native fish i could add to the tank? Im trying out crayfish right now, have one in there a little over a week and is doing fine, hes just big enough for the pickerel not to be able to eat, they leave to alone when it comes out but they love to watch the 2 smaller crayfish im letting get bigger in a smaller tank right next to them, its like tv to them. Anyway I would love something like a darter but the only ones i know of would easily get eaten. any other suggestions would be appreciated

#2 Guest_devoneli_*

Guest_devoneli_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

You could try the larger madtoms. I've got two stonecats with two grass pickerels of equal size. The cats hide all day and only come out to feed. The pickerels are pretty mellow when not feeding.

I have a 125g tank with 2 6" to 7" grass pickerel in it, are there any other native fish i could add to the tank? Im trying out crayfish right now, have one in there a little over a week and is doing fine, hes just big enough for the pickerel not to be able to eat, they leave to alone when it comes out but they love to watch the 2 smaller crayfish im letting get bigger in a smaller tank right next to them, its like tv to them. Anyway I would love something like a darter but the only ones i know of would easily get eaten. any other suggestions would be appreciated

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users