Pickerel Tank Conditions

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AppStateBimmer_*

Guest_AppStateBimmer_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my 55g tank for a Redfin or Grass Pickerel. I did some searching around, but haven't found a few answers that I need to know. I appreciate any help available!
1) What PH should the water be at?
2) What water temp?

#2 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my 55g tank for a Redfin or Grass Pickerel. I did some searching around, but haven't found a few answers that I need to know. I appreciate any help available!
2) What water temp?

The pH should be around neutral, but they can also live in slightly acidic water, since some of their habitat is tanin-stained swamp waters. As with most natives, room temp is fine.

#3 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Hi,

2) What water temp?

They can handle a wide range of water conditions I keep mine in our hard, alkaline water with no problem.

#4 Guest_AppStateBimmer_*

Guest_AppStateBimmer_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

ok. Room temp seems to want to stay around 65 degrees. Is this a good temp? Also, what kind of plants should I be on the lookout for?

#5 Guest_ChannelCat2008_*

Guest_ChannelCat2008_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

ok. Room temp seems to want to stay around 65 degrees. Is this a good temp? Also, what kind of plants should I be on the lookout for?

make sure you keep the Pickerel with others like themselves in the same size range.

They remain most of the time on the surface of the water swimming around , thats of course until you throw in some feeders then the show begins.

#6 Guest_AppStateBimmer_*

Guest_AppStateBimmer_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

yeah. thanks. I plan on keeping one either by itself or with one other pickerel. I have started breeding feeder guppies, and they have a pretty steady population going right now. When he/she finally gets here, it will be in heaven! haha

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users