My first (small) attempt at a Native tank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

Hello,
I was at a LFS yesterday and found ( what I thought to be a pair) of florida flag fish. They were a little beat up and had no color due to being in a bare tank. I bought them and brought them home to live with the goby. They all get along great! After a few hours of being in the tank, I thought i noticed some "breeding tubes" on the fish, but I have never had fish that i could actually see breed that way. The tubes were right infront of the anal fin and they did alot of "grinding" on eachother for a lack of better words. They don't have the color of the ones you normally see, so I am confused! Here is some pics.

tank:
Posted Image
fish:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

let me know what you think! I will try to take a video clip of them so you can see what I am talking about. These fish are supposed to be timid? Mine love watching me watch them.. LOL

Anyways, Have a great day all!

NV

#2 Guest_threegoldfish_*

Guest_threegoldfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

Looks like flagfish to me. If they both have a black spot on their dorsal fin, they're both female which I think I see. I have a pair that aren't as gregarious as say mollies are and will bolt for cover if I make any sort of sudden movements, but they do come back out fairly quickly.

#3 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

So the males don't have spots on the top fin? that is weird because I have never seen any without that spot. Must look harder I guess for a male lol.. I really would love to breed them.

thanks for the comment and info!

NV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users