My 75G Native Fish Tank

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ChannelCat2008_*

Guest_ChannelCat2008_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

There I finally made a video of the soon to be overcrowded tank when these monsters get bigger.

In fact one of my friends is gonna have to take the Channel Cat really soon. He grows faster than my head needs haircuts. lol

But in any case, here are my children , i hope you guys enjoy the brief video.

Specs: 75G Tank, Eheim 2217, Rena Air Pump 400
Species: LMB(From Willow Pond Aqua Farm in Upstate NY),Bluegill(From Paul Sachs Aquaculture),Channel Cat(Also from Willow Pond Aqua Farm in Upstate NY)

#2 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

Nice fish.
The bass looks a little tattered. The others been picking on him at all?

Haha. They look as if they're saying, "where's my food?"

#3 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

Nice fish.

Channel cat looks a bit tattered as well, the Bluegill looks in the best shape of the three.

#4 Guest_ChannelCat2008_*

Guest_ChannelCat2008_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

Channel cat looks a bit tattered as well, the Bluegill looks in the best shape of the three.

I know most people expect the Channel Cat to be more jumpy running around and stuff. But my Channel Cat has always been that way..... He goes nuts at night looking for food and during the day he looks for a comfy corner and just lays there until he decides to find another spot to rest at. Believe me! Once I drop some floating pellet food, he spazes out and goes ballistic.

The Largemouth Bass just swims like that, but he's pretty much all over the place.... When I come home with feeders, he sees the yellow bag and starts going crazy because he knows that the Yummy's are on the way.

The Bluegill is kool, he challenges the LMB sometimes and gets him upset , but they never fight. They are close friends and they eat together and hang out a lot. LMB and BG are like Peas and carrots in my tank lol

But in regards to their strange behavior, they have always been like this.

#5 Guest_ChannelCat2008_*

Guest_ChannelCat2008_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

Nice fish.

Nah dude, nobody picks on the Largemouth Bass! He's the King of Kings.... Nobody dares to mess with him. lol

#6 Guest_ChannelCat2008_*

Guest_ChannelCat2008_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:27 PM

You guys wanna see something scary...I can post the link to that same tank just a few months ago.... Its pretty much a video of my current tank just about 5-6 months ago.

(2 Grass Pickerel got eaten by the LMB)

(Pleco died of unknown causes)

The scariest part of the video is how small the LMB and Channel Cat used to be lol

#7 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

Nah dude, nobody picks on the Largemouth Bass! He's the King of Kings.... Nobody dares to mess with him. lol

Somebody is messing with that bass his fins are shredded, the catfish has got some fins ripped as well hard to tell full extent but the bass is pretty easy to tell. Somethings going on when you're not looking!

#8 Guest_ChannelCat2008_*

Guest_ChannelCat2008_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:56 PM

Somebody is messing with that bass his fins are shredded, the catfish has got some fins ripped as well hard to tell full extent but the bass is pretty easy to tell. Somethings going on when you're not looking!

Hmm...Hey you think maybe at night when the Bass sleeps, maybe the Cat is messing with him??? I dont know....Because when I am looking, they tend to maintain a good distance from one another.... I recently got a crayfish as well..... Im gonna keep an eye out for him too......

The last thing I need is trouble makers in the tank ...... But then again thats my own fault for making such a crazy mix of fish in that tank.

Thanks

#9 Guest_Sal_*

Guest_Sal_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hmm...Hey you think maybe at night when the Bass sleeps, maybe the Cat is messing with him??? I dont know....Because when I am looking, they tend to maintain a good distance from one another.... I recently got a crayfish as well..... Im gonna keep an eye out for him too......

The last thing I need is trouble makers in the tank ...... But then again thats my own fault for making such a crazy mix of fish in that tank.

Thanks

They seem to have plenty of room . Why not add large pieces of driftwood or more plants just to get that lake look. I noticed your from long island they have awesome stuff all over by Wading river .

I used to live by there . Used to go to Pet Barn -Country Critters granted not native fish pet stores but great plants and tropical fish .
. Long Island is great I miss it a lot . Hope to go back in few yrs after I transfer back from my job lol even though I tasnsfered here .

Edited by Sal, 28 April 2008 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users