Hey all

26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Demon_fish_*

Guest_Demon_fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:55 PM

Hi guys. I just joined. I have a 90 gallon with 2 bluegills and a bullhead catfish

#2 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

welcome, good to have you.

#3 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum, glad you found your way here.

#4 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

what species of bullhead?

#5 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

Welcome to the site and great choice in fish, centrarchids (sunfishes) and Ictalurids (bullhead and their relatives) are my favorite natives.

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:26 PM

Demon Fish, where do you live?

#7 Guest_Demon_fish_*

Guest_Demon_fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:23 PM

oops i forgot to say i live in illinois and the bullhead are yellow bullhead

#8 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

I would love to see your set up, been thinking about a bluegill, bull head tank for a 75 gal i got

#9 Guest_Demon_fish_*

Guest_Demon_fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

ill get pics tonight

#10 Guest_Demon_fish_*

Guest_Demon_fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

heres a few pics of the bluegills. ill try to get a full tank shot. the bigger bluegill is 4" and the other is about 3.5"

Attached Images

• DSC00020.JPG
  • DSC00013.JPG

#11 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

nice BG

nice tank to what type of filter, lights, ect do you have on it?

how long have you had the bluegill? 9im interested in growth rate)

#12 Guest_Demon_fish_*

Guest_Demon_fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:44 PM

i have had the BG since august i think. he has grown maybe an inch in that time. i have two Penguine bio weel filters that do 350 gph each and a xp3 that also does 350 gph. that makes 1050 gph total. the light is a single strip 130 watt light. the substrate is black sand and i have black slate rock formations. there are two fake plants and im gonna get some more cuz the fish look pretty cool resting in them. um if you have more questions feel free to ask. tank mates are 7 aftican cichlids. the tank has been set up since june last year.

#13 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:23 PM

African Cichlids. That's it, OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

#14 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:14 AM

GULP! :oops:

I guess I better not tell you about the New World cichlids in my 30-gallon tank. Shhhhh! But then again, they're not mixed with natives. On the other hand, do the Central American cichlids count as native North American fishes? Central America is geologically part of North America.

#15 Guest_Demon_fish_*

Guest_Demon_fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:20 AM

lol. stay away from me! ya i know. i started with cichlids but soon i realized natives are better

#16 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:14 AM

lol. stay away from me! ya i know. i started with cichlids but soon i realized natives are better

I can't say that I disagree with you now, but what do you suggest I do with my cichlids? On second thought, don't answer that!

#17 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

GULP! :oops:

I guess I better not tell you about the New World cichlids in my 30-gallon tank. Shhhhh! But then again, they're not mixed with natives. On the other hand, do the Central American cichlids count as native North American fishes? Central America is geologically part of North America.

Yeah, they count. Central America is part of North America. That means my convicts and midas are North American species. The only cichlid native to the United States is the Texas cichlid however. Personally, I like cichlids, one reason I keep sunfish is because they remind me of cichlids.

#18 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:52 AM

I can't say that I disagree with you now, but what do you suggest I do with my cichlids? On second thought, don't answer that!

Most pet shops will offer trade or a reduced cash value for your cichlids. Many people out there want to start big tanks with big fish. Since they cost much more to ship at these sizes pet shops can move them pretty fast and make a buck or two. The trick is finding the right pet shop.

#19 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:12 AM

I don't really want to get rid of them. I was just kidding around. But that tank is at capacity, so I won't be getting any more. The cichlids are cool. And the Honduran Red Point is my daughter's; it was her birthday present. I can't get rid of that! And I still love my loaches. But the expansion of my fish collection has certainly shifted focus. Existing tropical tanks will stay tropical, but new tanks will be native.

#20 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

they probably would not taste all that bad

you could eat them

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users