Hello from Ohio

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jkurtz7_*

Guest_jkurtz7_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeremy, I am an Ohio native and I'm also a hardcore fly fisherman. I have been interested in Ohio's native sunfish species for some time, and I also keep a sunfish aquarium. I currently have a Pumpkinseed, but I've had bluegill, green sunfish, and crappie in the past.

Jeremy

#2 Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*

Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

Welcome to the Forum Jeremy!

#3 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeremy, I am an Ohio native and I'm also a hardcore fly fisherman. I have been interested in Ohio's native sunfish species for some time, and I also keep a sunfish aquarium. I currently have a Pumpkinseed, but I've had bluegill, green sunfish, and crappie in the past.

Jeremy

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Ashtabula county. Where in NE Ohio are you from?

If you want to do any collecting let me know.

-Tom

#4 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

-Tom

Agreed, welcome! I'm from Allegheny County. A mere two hours from Tom (slightly less, actually)! It would certainly be nice to see our circle grow. Chime in, and hopefully we'll see you soon. Don't forget to check out this thread: http://forum.nanfa.o...?showtopic=2618

#5 Guest_jkurtz7_*

Guest_jkurtz7_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

-Tom

I'm in Stark Co, in the Village of Limaville. I'd like to go collecting sometime, but I've never actually done it before, I am primarily a fly fisherman that chases Sunfish. There is two streams in Portage Co. that I'd be interested in sampling sometime though. Both empty into Westbranch Reservoir and are in the State Park. One I fish occasionally, and it has darters I believe, at least thats what I think they are, along with some cyprinids. The other stream is very small and has some cyrinids that I am aware of, not sure about darters. Maybe we can arrange an outing sometime, let me know.

Jeremy

#6 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

Jeremy,

You should check out the Ohio Regional trip next weekend. I am going Sunday for the canoe/seining trip. there will be several others from Ohio that you will be able to meet.

Welcome aboard.

By the way I live in Wayne Co. You aren't to far away.

#7 Guest_cam191919_*

Guest_cam191919_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

im an ohio native. i miss that place, but i never found very many small fish where i lived

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users