Ill. Nat. Hist. Sur. 150th Anniversary

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bleufer_*

Guest_bleufer_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:17 AM

Plans are taking shape for the Illinois Natural History Survey's 150th Anniversary Celebration events happening Sept. 25-27, 2008. The Survey's 150th committee wants to bring you up-to-date on what's coming up, and seek your assistance to help make these events a success.

THURS., SEPT. 25, 2008
Kicking off the weekend, a Staff and Alumni Reception is planned on Thursday, Sept. 25 from 4:30-7:00 at the I-Building atrium. The Survey will host a casual reception for all staff and "alumni" of the Survey. This is a chance to catch up with alumni and become reacquainted with old friends. Food and beverages will be provided. RSVP to: inhs150@inhs.uiuc.edu or 217-333-6880.

FRI., SEPT. 26, 2008
Our scientific symposium, Conservation of Natural Resources in the 21st Century: The View from Illinois will take place 9:00-5:30 at the new I-Hotel and Conference Center Ballroom, 1800 South First Street, Champaign. This symposium is intended for those who would like to know the status of Illinois' natural resources and will feature a variety of speakers from Illinois and beyond, and conclude with our distinguished guest, Dr. Peter Raven, Director of the Missouri Botanical Garden and world authority on biodiversity issues. For more on the symposium, visit our website http://www.inhs.uiuc...0/schedule.html and please plan to attend.

SAT., SEPT. 27, 2008
At 10:00 a.m. British author, TV personality, and renowned herpetologist Mark O'Shea will present Serpents, Sorcery and Snakebite in Papua New Guinea, the Land of the Unexpected at I-Hotel & Conference Center, 1800 South First Street, Champaign, IL. The INHS Natural History Expo will follow at the I-building from Noon - 6pm. There will be numerous interactive exhibits and displays that showcase the science of the Survey. Our centerpiece will be the world-renowned insect collection of Dan Capps, an insect collector extraordinaire, fresh from his most recent visit where he was featured at Walt Disney World/Epcot Center, Florida. Everyone is welcome to attend the festivities on Fri and Sat.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users