Huron River fish sampling (Michigan)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Histrix_*

Guest_Histrix_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hi everyone,

There has been a recent development on my project -- I have upgraded to an 8' by 30" barge electrofisher, and now I need more manly men to help me handle this monstrosity :) If you've ever wanted to sample with the "big guns", now is your chance. I will be out from July 7-11 and August 4-9. If you're in the area, are interested, and can make any of these dates, please feel free to drop me a PM. The more, the merrier :)

Katie

#2 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

Just for the record here is the Boat...
We had to move this monstrosity (and very cool machine) to get to our Getto boat :P
Big_boom_shocker.jpg
This is a nice full Smith root boat with luxury built in...

#3 Guest_Histrix_*

Guest_Histrix_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

Nice... and it probably has a reliable generator on it too, doesn't it? What I would give for such luxury.... I'm so jealous :P

#4 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

Nice... and it probably has a reliable generator on it too, doesn't it? What I would give for such luxury.... I'm so jealous :P

Wait... thats your boat Katie not ours.

Ours is the getto rig single boom.. (That breaks down every 20 sampling minutes usually only when we find gar :( ) Are you telling me the other generator is actually being used on this boat? The fancy big boat? I thought that sucker had it's own generator built in...

HOLY CRAP.... I'm sorry.... Typical of IFR..SNRE equipment though...Crap maintenance and that hell hole of newcomb definitely takes a toll on good equipment... Never had a chance to really look at the barge as the little boat (Now named Garforce 1) took priority... Let me know when you get the boat up and running and I'll run over to do a service check over on the boat for you before you go out for the July 7 to July 11 work...

BTW you should come out with Sol and I sometime also..
After a day and night on this you will love the barge....
Garforce1_2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users