Rare isopod stops work on route 9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_factnfiction101_*

Guest_factnfiction101_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Kinda old, but I read in the paper that work on route 9 has stopped due to the discovery of a rare isopod (news report). Any thoughts about it?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, maybe it's more suitable for General Discussion :?

Edited by factnfiction101, 09 July 2008 - 11:55 PM.

#2 Guest_troutperch beeman_*

Guest_troutperch beeman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

"We don't even produce our own oil. We don't produce our own steel, because of the environment,” said resident Dorothy Adams. “And we're worried about a little bug? I think we need to go on with our roads. We need to drill for oil. We need to do things to help our economy and our people."

I love how people think we are more important than any other living thing!!! I bet this lady voted for G.W. Bush..

Herschel

#3 Guest_macantley_*

Guest_macantley_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:06 AM

"We don't even produce our own oil. We don't produce our own steel, because of the environment,” said resident Dorothy Adams. “And we're worried about a little bug? I think we need to go on with our roads. We need to drill for oil. We need to do things to help our economy and our people."
I love how people think we are more important than any other living thing!!! I bet this lady voted for G.W. Bush..

Herschel

Would you rather be the Bear, or the person being attacked by the bear?

i dont know about you but i prefer to think of myself as alittle more important than bugs......

i know this may be a "rare" isopod, and i havent seen the article yet, but in all honesty what does it do for the world? is it a pest like a mosquito? or is it helpful like a honey bee?

gotta look at it from both sides of the fence.

not sure where route 9 is but hopefully its a useful road.

matthew

#4 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Sure, we can ignore all other life on the planet as part of an "Earth First" strategy: first we mess up this planet, then move on to others.

#5 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:13 AM

Would you rather be the Bear, or the person being attacked by the bear?

What good does it do you to be the bear when there is nothing left to eat, drink, or use for shelter??

#6 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

The project is on hold and "the West Virginia Department of Transportation is now trying to find a way to protect the isopod species before road work can continue." The isopod will likely will this round but who knows when the next sub division will come along.....

In the past couple of years I've seen people change their oil IN the stream bed, found several deceased domesticated animals in the stream, snagged nets on microwaves, refrigerators (and various other appliances). Recently I put a 2 foot hole in a net on sheet steel and a state has introduced VHS well outside of it's current distribution. I can't possibly presume who they voted for.

#7 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

i dont know about you but i prefer to think of myself as alittle more important than bugs......

i know this may be a "rare" isopod, and i havent seen the article yet, but in all honesty what does it do for the world? is it a pest like a mosquito? or is it helpful like a honey bee?

The mosquito is an integral part of the food web, just as much as the the honeybee and this isopod. Just because we think we are better than all else because that is what we are taught or read in a Book....you know which one...doesn't mean we are more important. Strength lies in diversity. Development and progress can be achieved without sacrificing the diversity of our natural ecosystems if people would be responsible in their actions, designs and applications and become stewards of the envirionment instead of renters who don't care if there is a hole in the drywall and leaky plumbing when they check out. I've said it before and I 'll say it many more times: as a general rule people are ignorant of their reality because the truth of issues rarely get proper coverage on the flashing color box. Unfortunately, most people choose not to, or are unable to see outside their bubble.

#8 Guest_AndrewAcropora_*

Guest_AndrewAcropora_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

Very well said, Scott.

#9 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Just because we think we are better than all else because that is what we are taught or read in a Book....you know which one...doesn't mean we are more important.

Well we are important whether you believe the Book or not, in that we are more able to consciously harm or help the earth and the life on it then any other living being. And since the Book instructs us to be good stewards lets not lay the blame for ignorant people there. I've met plenty of selfish and ignorant folks that managed to develope these traits all on their own.

These kind of foolish and offensive remarks regarding the Book, God, creation beliefs, and faith demonstrate poor taste at best.

#10 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

Politcs and religion now...two no no's of board discussions (it really wasn't suitable to begin with). The subject and title is essentially asking for a type of discussion that is not part of the NANFA board etiquite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users