New 150 Gallon Tank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mikcamjon_*

Guest_mikcamjon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

I recently purchased a 150 gallon aquarium from a fishstore that went out of business. It is 5ft x 2ft x 2ft, there is wet/dry sump (1200 gph) and 2 Koralia's for added water movement in the tank.

Posted Image
Posted Image
The large fish is a Texas Cichlid (this would be the only native US fish). Here are a few closeups of the Texas. Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks for looking.

#2 Guest_pes142_*

Guest_pes142_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

Nice fish tank, i wish i had the money and space for a project like that!

#3 Guest_Mudfrog_*

Guest_Mudfrog_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

Love your driftwood! I've been driftwood hunting for a while now to no avail. All that I'm finding is rotten. I need some for my 120 oddball tank I'm setting up.

#4 Guest_mikcamjon_*

Guest_mikcamjon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

Love your driftwood! I've been driftwood hunting for a while now to no avail. All that I'm finding is rotten. I need some for my 120 oddball tank I'm setting up.

I spent nearly 200 dollars for those three pieces at local fish stores in Albuquerque. It is hard finding driftwood here as we lack trees, rivers, and lakes (for the most part) here in central New Mexico.

#5 Guest_mander_*

Guest_mander_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

And here, I can't get rid of it! My husband is a landscaper, a surfer and a pack rat. I've got wood "art" from one end of the yard to the other.

Mudfrog, you don't say where you are from. You might want to post your where abouts on the chance someone here is local and can help you out.

Mik, that's a gorgeous tank. And the little tyke is pretty cute, too! That'll be one of those blackmail photos when he gets to be a teenager!

#6 Guest_SloughShark_*

Guest_SloughShark_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

Very nice Cichlid and tank Mik,
I am hoping to set up a cichlid tank in the future, they are great fish.

#7 Guest_joshuapope2001_*

Guest_joshuapope2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

nice looking tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users