airstones

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mander_*

Guest_mander_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

If you are out collecting, in your opinion, is it better to have a battery operated air stone, or one with a converter you can plug into the car heater, or both. Pretty sure the distance from the water to the car could dictate a battery powered one, but if you're going a long distance once done with collecting, is a converter better? Is a two hour drive (one way) considered a short or long way when collecting fish? How fast does an air stone "eat up" batteries?

Thanks!

#2 Guest_truf_*

Guest_truf_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

Mander,

I've had batteries last well over 12 hours. Usually I use a battery system from creek to truck. After that I use a converter for longer trips. I get an extension cord and drape it out the window to the truck bed. A very fashionable accessory.

-Thom

#3 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

Wow, I'd open the door and somehow half strangle myself. :biggrin: Those of us with vans can run an extension cord along the side wall to the back.

Edited by schambers, 23 July 2008 - 07:10 PM.

#4 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

I'm guessing that Thom means out the BACK window...

#5 Guest_bullhead_*

Guest_bullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

I ran one of those battery affairs for a number of weeks last summer for some blackstripe topminnows on my front porch. It used 2 'D' batteries. They would usually last 2 days, sometimes 3. The Walgreens generics seemed to work as well as name brands (just my observation).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users