Anyone in MN?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_XeevXwm_*

Guest_XeevXwm_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Looking for a partner to help me find some orange spotted sunfish, red breasted(if any) and any type of darters.

I am from the suburbs of the Twin Cities area.

Thanks!

xxv

#2 Guest_XeevXwm_*

Guest_XeevXwm_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

bump!

#3 Guest_smilingfrog_*

Guest_smilingfrog_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:27 AM

Looking for a partner to help me find some orange spotted sunfish, red breasted(if any) and any type of darters.

I am from the suburbs of the Twin Cities area.
Thanks!

xxv

Hello XeevXwm,
There are a few of us here from Minnesota.
Unfortunately I can't be much help with the sunfish. I know we are supposed to have orange spotteds here, but I haven't ever seen them. I don't know about the redbreasts either. I don't believe they are native to MN, of course that doesn't mean they aren't here. Maybe someone else will chime in about those.
If you are interested in darters, you should contact NANFA's Minnesota regional rep about the annual darter hunt she hosts each May. There is contact information in the regional outreach section of the NANFA website.

#4 Guest_XeevXwm_*

Guest_XeevXwm_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

Thank you so much! You answered it all for me. thanks!

#5 Guest_bucketmouth22_*

Guest_bucketmouth22_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

i have seen orange spots in western suburb lakes. Not abundant but present. sorry for replying late

#6 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hey guys, I'm from MN, I live in the SE corner, so I'm a day's trip away from you, but I've seen orange spotted sunnies down here, and I also think I know where to get darters, so if you would like I could either collect some for you and you could just pick them up, or you could come down and go on a collecting trip if you would like.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users